Latest Music Software News
- Live from the Moog Factory, Watch Erika, Teengirl Fantasy, and Survive 24 Apr 2014, 11:59 am
CDM here in the Moog Factory, downtown Asheville, North Carolina. I don’t care whether you’re a Boiler Room fan or hater – this one is special. Erika is here from Detroit with her circular seque. […]
- Synchro Arts releases Revoice Pro v2.5 for Mac and Windows 24 Apr 2014, 8:01 am
Synchro Arts has announced the release of version 2.5 of Revoice Pro for Mac OS X and Windows. Revoice Pro lets audio editors create tight and natural-sounding double tracks, harmonies and ADR automa. […]
- Audiority releases Omnisphere Cinematic III 24 Apr 2014, 4:44 am
Audiority has released Omnisphere Cinematic III, a new soundbank for Spectrasonics Omnisphere featuring 100 new modern presets designed for Dark Ambient, Film, Soundtrack and Underscore. Specificatio. […]
- ReVoice Pro updated to v2.5 24 Apr 2014, 2:58 am
Synchro Arts released a new version of its ReVoice Pro double-track, ADT and harmony software for Mac and PC. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Abletunes releases its 1st plug-in 24 Apr 2014, 2:54 am
Abletunes, the ressources website for Ableton Live users, announces the availability of its very first plug-in, the Selektor drum sampler. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- The UVI Vintage Legends on sale 24 Apr 2014, 2:47 am
UVI launches a flash sale on its Vintage Legends synth collection with more than 40% discount. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Tek’it Audio launches a compression plug-in 24 Apr 2014, 2:45 am
Comp, Tek’it Audio’s new plug-in, allows you to process the dynamics of your projects on Windows... Read more on Audiofanzine
- HoRNet updates VCA to v1.1.0 24 Apr 2014, 2:00 am
HoRNet has updated VCA to version 1.1.0 adding many improvements like: An extended visualization for gain reduction. Removed gain reduction limits. Multiple envelope follower behavior. The update is. […]
- Sound Dust releases "Tiny Chaos Engine" - Free "found sound" drum machine for Kontakt 24 Apr 2014, 1:59 am
Sound Dust has released Tiny Chaos Engine, a free "found sound" drum machine for Kontakt 4 and 5. It was made with / from a collection of unlikely sound sources that include a lawn mower, kite flyin. […]
- How Gloves and Wearable Tech Could Change Music Performance: In Depth with Imogen Heap and Team 23 Apr 2014, 6:41 pm
In fits and starts, musical interface inventors have tried for decades to make manipulating digital music more expressive. But that persistence comes out of a clear goal post. They want the machine’. […]
CamSR and ArkeCode
Float Crush is a new type of bitcrusher exploiting the nature of the floating point unit. It offers something the regular bitcrusher can’t; a dual flavor distortion.
What does Float Crush do?
A floating point unit has three important segments to it, the sign, the exponent, and the mantissa. A normal 32-bit float uses 23 bits for it’s mantissa values and 7 bits for it’s exponent.
What Float Crush does is applies quantization to the exponent and mantissa range of bits, the same quantization a normal bitcrusher would. But the difference is this creates a multi-staged effect, where quantizing the mantissa range brings a soft, airy texture, and the exponent range which can completely ‘rearrange’ the sound.
There’s only a few presets but try it out for yourself. When adjusting the exponent effect, you might notice the signal gets softer, if that happens use the Pre-Gain control to compensate.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed