Latest Music Software News
- PG Music updates Band-in-a-Box 2014 for Mac and Win 23 Jul 2014, 7:30 am
PG Music has released updates for both the Mac OS X and Windows versions of Band-in-a-Box 2014. BIAB 2014 Mac Summary of changes for Build 83: Added: VU Meters have been added to the Mixer. Fixed: Wh. […]
- Intermorphic updates Noatikl for Mac, Win and iOS to v2.5.22 23 Jul 2014, 7:11 am
Intermorphic has updated Noatikl for Mac OS X, Windows and iOS to v2.5.22. Changes in Noatikl Desktop and Noatikl Desktop Audio Plugins: New: Added Soundfont SF2 support (mono only - stereo channel d. […]
- Sony Creative Software updates Vegas Pro 13 to Build 373 23 Jul 2014, 7:04 am
Sony Creative Software has updated Vegas Pro 13 to Build 373 (Vegas Edit and Vegas Suite have also been updated). Notable fixes/changes in version 13.0 (build 373): Vegas Pro 13 can now open Movie St. […]
- Synchro Arts updates Revoice Pro to v2.6 for Mac and Windows 23 Jul 2014, 6:56 am
Synchro Arts has updated Revoice Pro to v2.6 for Mac OS X and Windows, a free update for all Revoice Pro (V1 and V2) owners. Changes: Instantaneous transfer of audio from Cubase and Nuendo to Revoice. […]
- BBE Sound and Nomad Factory release "Sonic Sweet - Optimized" - incl. AAX support and Intro Offer 23 Jul 2014, 6:04 am
BBE Sound and Nomad Factory have released Sonic Sweet v3.0, a major new version of the plug-in bundle for Mac OS X and Windows that includes three newly "Optimised" plug-ins plus Mach 3 Bass, a br [R. […]
- XILS-lab releases XILS DeeS - Transparent De-esser for Mac and Win with Intro Offer 23 Jul 2014, 6:00 am
XILS-lab has announced the release of XILS DeeS, a new transparent de-esser plug-in for 32- and 64-bit Mac OS X and Windows in VST, Audio Unit, RTAS and AAX plug-in formats. With the help of XILS Dee. […]
- Klanglabs updates Overdubber to v1.75 (Free VST effect for Windows) 23 Jul 2014, 5:43 am
Klanglabs has updated Overdubber to v1.75. What's new: Unused (useless) invisible parameters have been removed. Fixed bug related to internal "QuickSine.sep" that caused a crash in REAPER and could p. […]
- Five12 Numerology 4 to be released in September 23 Jul 2014, 5:34 am
Five12 has announced that Numerology 4 will be released in September, 2014. All new purchasers of N3 licences get a free upgrade to N4. New features for both N4 SE and Pro: 64-bit: There are now 64-b. […]
- Plogue announces chipspeech 23 Jul 2014, 5:27 am
Plogue has announced the third member in their 'chip' series, Plogue chipspeech - a faithful emulation of all major classic speech synthesis chips of the early 1980s, and a few surprises. It's a synt. […]
- PlugInGuru.com releases "Toxic Omnisphere" for Spectrasonics Omnisphere 23 Jul 2014, 5:10 am
PlugInGuru.com has released Toxic Omnisphere, which features 125 aggressive EDM patches for Spectrasonics Omnisphere. Here's what they say: Toxic Omnisphere is the first library created by someone ot. […]
CamSR and ArkeCode
Float Crush is a new type of bitcrusher exploiting the nature of the floating point unit. It offers something the regular bitcrusher can’t; a dual flavor distortion.
What does Float Crush do?
A floating point unit has three important segments to it, the sign, the exponent, and the mantissa. A normal 32-bit float uses 23 bits for it’s mantissa values and 7 bits for it’s exponent.
What Float Crush does is applies quantization to the exponent and mantissa range of bits, the same quantization a normal bitcrusher would. But the difference is this creates a multi-staged effect, where quantizing the mantissa range brings a soft, airy texture, and the exponent range which can completely ‘rearrange’ the sound.
There’s only a few presets but try it out for yourself. When adjusting the exponent effect, you might notice the signal gets softer, if that happens use the Pre-Gain control to compensate.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed