Latest Music Software News
- EastWest updates PLAY to v4.1.0 6 Dec 2013, 8:54 am
EastWest has updated PLAY to v4.1.0. This is a significant update including the most requested feature, full background loading, that is recommended for all PLAY users, and is required for all upcomi. […]
- Audiomeals releases PCS Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac 6 Dec 2013, 7:55 am
Audiomeals has released Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design. Plug-In Channel Strip featu. […]
- UMIDI are Custom-Designed DJ Controllers, Built to Order [Gallery, Video] 6 Dec 2013, 7:18 am
umidi – The World’s First Custom & Visual DJ Controller from umidi on Vimeo. DJs, laptop musicians, and VJs may never agree on what layout is optimal for controlling their apps. With UMIDI, they m. […]
- ‘Edge of Nostalgia’ is a Calming Ambient iPhone Album Transformed by Mic 6 Dec 2013, 6:52 am
Edge of Nostalgia from Michael McDermott on Vimeo. Ambient, and — actually, literally ambient. Mikronesia’s “Edge of Nostalgia” is a chilled-out 7-track record of gentle grooves and crystallin. […]
- The Unfinished releases Humankind - Limited Edition Charity Synth Soundsets 6 Dec 2013, 5:26 am
The Unfinished has released Humankind, a brand new limited edition charity synth soundset collection, in aid of Oxfam. There are four soundsets, one each for: Absynth, Massive, Omnisphere and Trilian. […]
- Friday’s Freeware: Wejaam 6 Dec 2013, 4:19 am
This week, the friday will make everybody happy for it can be used on iOS, Mac and PC to create electronic music.
- Sound Magic launches the Producer Bundle 6 Dec 2013, 3:56 am
The Producer Bundle compiles three processor plug-ins developed by Sound Magic with their NEO modeling technology.
- Rob Papen’s Predator-PL exclusively at Sweetwater 6 Dec 2013, 3:49 am
Rob Papen launches the Predator-PL virtual synth exclusively at Sweetwater, but says that the instrument will soon be available in Europe.
- Humanoid Sound Systems releases Public Beta of Enzyme Synth for Mac and Win VST and AU 6 Dec 2013, 2:23 am
Humanoid Sound Systems has released the public beta of Enzyme, a new synthesiser plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. Enzyme offers the beautiful organic sonic character and edge provided by scanned syn. […]
- Soundiron launches a Tenor vocal library 5 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm
Following The Soprano, the Voice of Rapture series of solo operatic vocal libraries welcomes The Tenor.
Here you will find a collection of various software tools for Audio & Music creation, editing, and performance - supported by the following operating systems:
Please select a category on the right to view the software.
Audio & Midi Sequencers - software designed to create, record, and edit music.
- Audio (i.e. digital audio) is a computerized sound recording, such as on a CD, or an mp3 file. Opposed to an analog recording, such as an LP or a casette tape.
- Midi is a computer technology which allows music information; such as notes, volume, tempo, and pitch bending to be stored in a file, or sent from one midi device to another midi device (such as from your midi keyboard into your computer). Midi doesn’t contain any actual sounds, so it must be processed through a device (or program) which interprets the Midi data, and uses it to generate audio.
Audio Analysis - Methods of (usually visually) analyzing an audio signal - such as a spectrum analyzer, which displays the intensity of the various frequencies from which the audio signal is composed.
Audio Editor - Software which specifically allows you to finely edit and process an audio file, such as with EQ, or various effects.
CD Ripper - Software which extracts audio tracks FROM a CD.
CD Burner - Software which saves audio tracks TO a CD, in such a way that it can be played on a CD player.
File Encoders - Software which takes, for example, a ‘.wav’ file (which is very large), and compresses it into a smaller, but usually slightly lower quality file (such as an ‘.mp3′, or a ‘.wma’).
DJ Software - Software usually designed to emulate DJ hardware, with features such as track mixing, or possibly ’scratching’.
Effects Processors - Software which allows the hosting, or chaining of effects, such as VST’s.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed