Latest Music Software News
- ADSR releases Bassic - Bass Synth for Reaktor 7 Mar 2014, 3:59 am
ADSR has released Bassic, a Reaktor synth "that makes designing killer bass music instruments simple". The guys behind Bassic say they have "designed a Reaktor ensemble that is minimal, yet powerfull. […]
- apeSoft releases iVCS3 for iPad - Official EMS VCS3 Emulator 7 Mar 2014, 3:55 am
apeSoft has released iVCS3, an official EMS VCS3 Emulator application for iPad. It costs $14.99. Here's what they say: History The VCS3 was created in 1969 by Peter Zinovieff's EMS company. The e [Re. […]
- Boz Digital Labs updates Little Foot, Mongoose and Bark of Dog to AAX and VST3 for Mac and Win 7 Mar 2014, 2:28 am
Boz Digital Labs has updated Little Foot, Mongoose and Bark of Dog to AAX and VST3 for Mac OS X and Windows (also available in VST, AU and RTAS). Little Foot (on sale for $19, marked down from $39) m. […]
- Sound Magic updates GrandEpiano for Mac and Win to v2.2 and Neo Imager for Windows to v1.2 7 Mar 2014, 1:55 am
Sound Magic has updated GrandEpiano for Mac OS X and Windows to v2.2 and Neo Imager for Windows to v1.2. Changes in GrandEpiano 2.2: Support Newest OS X Version. Engine Updated. Improved Reverb Unit.. […]
- Synthblitz Audio updates "Nitroflex" for Windows to v1.91 7 Mar 2014, 1:36 am
Synthblitz Audio has updated Nitroflex, a synth VSTi for Windows, to v1.91. Nitroflex is a powerful audio synthesizer that offers hundreds of waveforms which users can combine, edit and shape to obta. […]
- Minimal System releases "MasterMix Buss Compressor" for Windows VST 7 Mar 2014, 12:52 am
Minimal System has released MasterMix Buss Compressor, a VST effect plug-in for Windows modelled on legendary buss compressors from classic analogue consoles. Features: Analogue Modelled Buss Compres. […]
- 123creative.com releases "Sylenth Trance Elements - preset bank Vol. 1" 6 Mar 2014, 9:45 pm
123creative.com has released Sylenth Trance Elements - preset bank Vol. 1 in cooperation with sound designer Giorgio Rebecchi from Ice Planet Music. It contains 79 Sylenth1 presets designed for tranc. […]
- Novation announces Launchpad S Control Pack 6 Mar 2014, 10:28 am
Novation has announced Launchpad S Control Pack, a combination of everything you need to make and perform electronic music with Ableton Live, containing Launchpad S, Launch Control, two custom mad [R. […]
- FXpansion releases Geist Expander Vintage DrumBox 6 Mar 2014, 9:53 am
FXpansion has announced the release of Geist Expander: Vintage DrumBox, a collection of synthesized analogue drum samples for FXpansion's Geist. Created by Mr Hoodie from The Groove Criminals, Vintag. […]
- See the Max Patch Robert Henke Built Before Ableton Live; Hear the Music it Made 6 Mar 2014, 9:17 am
This is what a Monolake live set sounded like in 1999. And in the days before Ableton Live was a finished product, running patterns was a job for self-built software in Max. Robert describes the music. […]
Here you will find a collection of various software tools for Audio & Music creation, editing, and performance - supported by the following operating systems:
Please select a category on the right to view the software.
Audio & Midi Sequencers - software designed to create, record, and edit music.
- Audio (i.e. digital audio) is a computerized sound recording, such as on a CD, or an mp3 file. Opposed to an analog recording, such as an LP or a casette tape.
- Midi is a computer technology which allows music information; such as notes, volume, tempo, and pitch bending to be stored in a file, or sent from one midi device to another midi device (such as from your midi keyboard into your computer). Midi doesn’t contain any actual sounds, so it must be processed through a device (or program) which interprets the Midi data, and uses it to generate audio.
Audio Analysis - Methods of (usually visually) analyzing an audio signal - such as a spectrum analyzer, which displays the intensity of the various frequencies from which the audio signal is composed.
Audio Editor - Software which specifically allows you to finely edit and process an audio file, such as with EQ, or various effects.
CD Ripper - Software which extracts audio tracks FROM a CD.
CD Burner - Software which saves audio tracks TO a CD, in such a way that it can be played on a CD player.
File Encoders - Software which takes, for example, a ‘.wav’ file (which is very large), and compresses it into a smaller, but usually slightly lower quality file (such as an ‘.mp3′, or a ‘.wma’).
DJ Software - Software usually designed to emulate DJ hardware, with features such as track mixing, or possibly ’scratching’.
Effects Processors - Software which allows the hosting, or chaining of effects, such as VST’s.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed