Latest Music Software News
- How Gloves and Wearable Tech Could Change Music Performance: In Depth with Imogen Heap and Team 23 Apr 2014, 6:41 pm
In fits and starts, musical interface inventors have tried for decades to make manipulating digital music more expressive. But that persistence comes out of a clear goal post. They want the machine’. […]
- Band Sings Song Asking Why They Aren’t Playing Moogfest 23 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm
What if you wanted to play Moogfest really bad, but Moogfest didn’t call? No, I mean really bad – like you started a band with this very dream in mind, outfitted your studio with nearly everything. […]
- Abletunes releases Selektor - VST/AU Drum Sampler for Windows and Mac 23 Apr 2014, 11:01 am
Abletunes has announced the release of Selektor, a simple drum sampler that allows user to switch between samples (much like presets on synth) on the fly while the track is playing and hear an instan. […]
- b.serrano updates Horus to v1.1 23 Apr 2014, 10:30 am
b.serrano has updated Horus to v1.1. Changes: It's now possible to use the pitch-bender. It's now possible to set the number of stages in the phaser (4/8/12). Added 2 hidden parameters (like Easter e. […]
- Tek'it Audio releases Comp - Compressor VST Plug-in for Windows 23 Apr 2014, 8:44 am
Tek'it Audio has announced the release of Comp, a compressor plug-in in VST format. Comp is a modern compressor that is designed to provide visual tools to help a user visualize the dynamics applied. […]
- Abeem Live Technologies updates Rack Performer for Windows to v1.01 23 Apr 2014, 5:55 am
Abeem Live Technologies has updated Rack Performer for Windows to v1.01. This update adds many work-flow improvements and some corrections. Multi-monitor support has been improved by making all dial. […]
- Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.7 23 Apr 2014, 5:34 am
Cycling '74 has updated Max to v6.1.7. New Features: Gen: added subpatcher message to gen subpatchers. Gen: ISF export to jit.gl.pix gen patchers (see Gen Code Export ISF Wiki Article). maxurl: wrapp. […]
- Rob Papen releases the eXplorer III collection 23 Apr 2014, 4:33 am
Rob Papen has released the eXplorer III collection, which combines all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company's four effects plug-ins. Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been update. […]
- Luxonix releases 'Ravity bundle' featuring Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) Sound Modules for Windows VSTi 23 Apr 2014, 4:08 am
Luxonix has released the Ravity bundle, featuring two 90s Sound Module / ROMpler VST instrument plug-ins for Windows. Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) were discontinued after Luxonix rele. […]
- Accusonus updates Drumatom to v1.5.0 23 Apr 2014, 3:50 am
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have updated Drumatom to version 1.5. Enhancements: Added HiHat analyzing and processing. Added A/B comparison switch. Added 'Abbreviations Setup' option. Added tooltip. […]
Here you will find a collection of various software tools for Audio & Music creation, editing, and performance - supported by the following operating systems:
Please select a category on the right to view the software.
Audio & Midi Sequencers - software designed to create, record, and edit music.
- Audio (i.e. digital audio) is a computerized sound recording, such as on a CD, or an mp3 file. Opposed to an analog recording, such as an LP or a casette tape.
- Midi is a computer technology which allows music information; such as notes, volume, tempo, and pitch bending to be stored in a file, or sent from one midi device to another midi device (such as from your midi keyboard into your computer). Midi doesn’t contain any actual sounds, so it must be processed through a device (or program) which interprets the Midi data, and uses it to generate audio.
Audio Analysis - Methods of (usually visually) analyzing an audio signal - such as a spectrum analyzer, which displays the intensity of the various frequencies from which the audio signal is composed.
Audio Editor - Software which specifically allows you to finely edit and process an audio file, such as with EQ, or various effects.
CD Ripper - Software which extracts audio tracks FROM a CD.
CD Burner - Software which saves audio tracks TO a CD, in such a way that it can be played on a CD player.
File Encoders - Software which takes, for example, a ‘.wav’ file (which is very large), and compresses it into a smaller, but usually slightly lower quality file (such as an ‘.mp3′, or a ‘.wma’).
DJ Software - Software usually designed to emulate DJ hardware, with features such as track mixing, or possibly ’scratching’.
Effects Processors - Software which allows the hosting, or chaining of effects, such as VST’s.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed