Latest Music Software News
- Sonic Cat releases "Pop Synth" - 80s retro pop sound synth for Kontakt with intro offer 16 Apr 2014, 11:29 am
Sonic Cat has released Pop Synth, an 80s retro pop sound synth for Kontakt created by sampling a Roland JX-3P. They reinterpreted it as a modern instrument. Features: 80s retro pop sound synth. Recor. […]
- Replika Sound releases "RSGL04 Acoustic Guitar (Steel String)" Guitar Sample Library for Kontakt 16 Apr 2014, 10:50 am
Replika Sound has released RSGL04 Acoustic Guitar (Steel String), a new Guitar Sample Library for Kontakt. This versatile instrument comes in both Picked and Finger-Played versions and features: 4032. […]
- The $100 BeatStep Sequencer and Controller: Everything You Want to Know 16 Apr 2014, 10:21 am
Even if Arturia’s BeatStep did nothing other than act as a dumb controller, it might get your attention. The compact control surface / sequencer hardware runs about $100 street. As a controller, it. […]
- UVI updates UVI Workstation to v2.5.0 - New Streaming Engine and Background Sample Loading 16 Apr 2014, 9:28 am
UVI has updated UVI Workstation to version 2.5.0. Changes: [New] New streaming engine with special optimization for lossless compressed sample format. [New] Background sample loading resulting in fas. […]
- AudioThing releases "ChromaKey" for Kontakt and Mac and Win VST and AU 16 Apr 2014, 6:18 am
AudioThing has released ChromaKey for Mac OS X and Windows in AudioUnit, VST plug-in and Kontakt formats. ChromaKey is a collection of sounds ported to Kontakt and VST/AU plugin from AudioThing's sou. […]
- Universal Audio updates UAD Software to v7.6 and releases Chandler Limited Guitar Amp Plug-in and Mixing/Mastering Tools from Brainworx 16 Apr 2014, 4:25 am
Universal Audio Direct Developer partner Brainworx has released three plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces. Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $199. […]
- Patchpool releases Spectral Rays for LinPlug Spectral 16 Apr 2014, 4:13 am
Patchpool has released Spectral Rays for LinPlug's Spectral synth. Spectral Rays contains 100 patches focussing on very musical and expressive lead sounds, rich, dreamy, glassy, cold and lush pads, g. […]
- LinPlug updates Alpha to v3.3 and Octopus to v1.3.4 16 Apr 2014, 3:52 am
LinPlug has updated its Alpha synthesizer plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows to v3.3. Changes: new, scale-able User Interface. new full window bank/preset browser. undo / redo functionality. noise now. […]
- Drumdrops releases "Mapex Heavy Rock Kit" - Kontakt 5 pack, Multi-Velocity Pack, Single Hits Pack, Drum Replacement Pack and All Samples Pack 16 Apr 2014, 3:12 am
Drumdrops has released the Mapex Heavy Rock Kit. Available to buy as five separate packs, this kit is based on the Mapex Saturn Kit which is a favourite for many rock drummers. This is a great soundi. […]
- Plugin Boutique launches its 1st plug-in 16 Apr 2014, 2:02 am
Plugin Boutique, Loopmasters’ partners and plug-in retailers, developed their first virtual instrument. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
Here you will find a collection of various software tools for Audio & Music creation, editing, and performance - supported by the following operating systems:
Please select a category on the right to view the software.
Audio & Midi Sequencers - software designed to create, record, and edit music.
- Audio (i.e. digital audio) is a computerized sound recording, such as on a CD, or an mp3 file. Opposed to an analog recording, such as an LP or a casette tape.
- Midi is a computer technology which allows music information; such as notes, volume, tempo, and pitch bending to be stored in a file, or sent from one midi device to another midi device (such as from your midi keyboard into your computer). Midi doesn’t contain any actual sounds, so it must be processed through a device (or program) which interprets the Midi data, and uses it to generate audio.
Audio Analysis - Methods of (usually visually) analyzing an audio signal - such as a spectrum analyzer, which displays the intensity of the various frequencies from which the audio signal is composed.
Audio Editor - Software which specifically allows you to finely edit and process an audio file, such as with EQ, or various effects.
CD Ripper - Software which extracts audio tracks FROM a CD.
CD Burner - Software which saves audio tracks TO a CD, in such a way that it can be played on a CD player.
File Encoders - Software which takes, for example, a ‘.wav’ file (which is very large), and compresses it into a smaller, but usually slightly lower quality file (such as an ‘.mp3′, or a ‘.wma’).
DJ Software - Software usually designed to emulate DJ hardware, with features such as track mixing, or possibly ’scratching’.
Effects Processors - Software which allows the hosting, or chaining of effects, such as VST’s.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed