Latest Music Software News
- Advanced Audio + Applications Exchange (A3E) trade show and conference to be held in Boston September 2014 8 Mar 2014, 12:18 pm
The Massachusetts Convention Center Authority (MCCA) and Sitarian Corporation have announced the launch of the Advanced Audio + Applications Exchange (A3E), a series of international tradeshows, conf. […]
- db audioware releases Flying Haggis Guitar Amp for iPad 7 Mar 2014, 5:55 pm
db audioware has released Flying Haggis Guitar Amp for iPad. Flying Haggis for iPad is the latest evolution of db audioware's original amp design for the Mac and PC. The vintage preamp and tone stack. […]
- A Surround Sound System You Can Carry Like an Umbrella, ‘Anywhere’ 7 Mar 2014, 10:27 am
Music is transformed by context, by instrumentation and space and setting. With amplified music, thinking about content alone isn’t enough. Visualists now work with projection mapping and lighting c. […]
- Friday’s Freeware: Let the dog out! 7 Mar 2014, 6:45 am
Bark of Dog, this the freeware we chose to highlight this week, not for its name, but for its ability to enhance the low end of your tracks. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- ADSR releases Bassic - Bass Synth for Reaktor 7 Mar 2014, 3:59 am
ADSR has released Bassic, a Reaktor synth "that makes designing killer bass music instruments simple". The guys behind Bassic say they have "designed a Reaktor ensemble that is minimal, yet powerfull. […]
- apeSoft releases iVCS3 for iPad - Official EMS VCS3 Emulator 7 Mar 2014, 3:55 am
apeSoft has released iVCS3, an official EMS VCS3 Emulator application for iPad. It costs $14.99. Here's what they say: History The VCS3 was created in 1969 by Peter Zinovieff's EMS company. The e [Re. […]
- Bassic, new synth for Reaktor 7 Mar 2014, 3:34 am
ADSR Sounds adds to the Reaktor add-on collection a new virtual synth designed with simplicity in mind. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Boz Digital Labs updates Little Foot, Mongoose and Bark of Dog to AAX and VST3 for Mac and Win 7 Mar 2014, 2:28 am
Boz Digital Labs has updated Little Foot, Mongoose and Bark of Dog to AAX and VST3 for Mac OS X and Windows (also available in VST, AU and RTAS). Little Foot (on sale for $19, marked down from $39) m. […]
- Sound Magic updates GrandEpiano for Mac and Win to v2.2 and Neo Imager for Windows to v1.2 7 Mar 2014, 1:55 am
Sound Magic has updated GrandEpiano for Mac OS X and Windows to v2.2 and Neo Imager for Windows to v1.2. Changes in GrandEpiano 2.2: Support Newest OS X Version. Engine Updated. Improved Reverb Unit.. […]
- Synthblitz Audio updates "Nitroflex" for Windows to v1.91 7 Mar 2014, 1:36 am
Synthblitz Audio has updated Nitroflex, a synth VSTi for Windows, to v1.91. Nitroflex is a powerful audio synthesizer that offers hundreds of waveforms which users can combine, edit and shape to obta. […]
Dominion is a tool to shape the envelope of a signal, giving you total control of the signal’s attack & sustain phase.
- Envelope section. Adjust attack & sustain independently, regardless of input level. Plus, you have control over the envelopes’ time constants. Imagine pulling a drummer up front or pushing him to the background by dragging just a single slider! Feel like moving the walls around him? Again, a single push enhances the room information or can make the sound really dry.
- Saturation stage. The plugin can help to reduce harshness often associated with digital recordings, giving back some warmth and life to your source by modelling classic analog equipment. The tonal character stays adjustable within a broad range.
- High frequency details section. Similar to classic exciter circuits, this section allows you to brighten up a signal, giving transparency and depth by generating additional harmonics.
- Non-clipping output stage. Like the endorphin compressor, a brickwall waveshaper circuit ensures that the output won’t exceed -0.1dBFS, while remaining sonically clean.
A simple ADSR envelope plugin, triggered with MIDI notes.
envy is a two channel, midi-triggered volume envelope plug with added features
Blue Cat’s Digital Peak Meter is a simple yet powerful signal analysis tool: it measures the peak value of the signal and lets you record it as an automation curve, as well as the fact that your signal clips (’clipping’ occurs when the signal is higher than the maximum value accepted by your audio system).
Thanks to this unique feature you can use your audio signal to control other effects: just copy and paste the generated automation envelope and assign it to any parameter of any effect on any track of your project. Many customers have successfuly used it for automated video processing: your audio track is now able to control your video effects! And your guitar is now able to influence your drums track…
Envelope-Designer is a plugIn with which you can adjust the relative amount of the attack transients and the sutained/release components in a signal. For the detection of the transient component there are 2 envelope-followers with identical release times and different attack times. The difference between the envelope with the fast attack time and the envelope with the slow attack time yields a control signal, which has significant amplitudes only when the incoming signal is in some “transient” state. This is because the difference between the envelope-followers with fast and slow attack tends to zero in a sustained phase. Multiplying this control signal with the incoming signal yields a signal, which contains the transient component. The extraction of the release component is similar: it is done with two envelope followers with identical attack times a different release times. The difference between the envelope with the slow release time and the envelope with the fast release time has significant amplitudes for decaying signals. Multiplied with the incoming signal, we have extracted the release component. Now we can adjust the relative amplitudes of these two signal components seperately.
Mutine is 2 envelope followers and 2 lfo’s, that triggers volume or cutoff
Envelope followers can be set to follow left channel, right channel or both.
The effect can also be set to apply on left, right or both channels.
That way, you can use Mutine on a group channel, with for instance, a drum on left that triggers envelope follower, and a pad on right, that will be chopped by drum pattern.
Mutine also responds to midi notes
When the threshhold is crossed, a swell is triggered. Can be used to alter the attack / decay characteristic of the input, such as to add punch to individual drums.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed