Latest Music Software News
- Inside Flying Lotus’ Mind: Free Download of Ideas + Drafts + Loops 11 Dec 2013, 12:06 pm
It seems hard to be an artist these days without a steady stream of mixes. The problem is, a lot of these become monotonous and similar. By contrast, this week, Flying Lotus drops a free download that. […]
- Digital Warrior Goes Open Source, DJ-friendly Step Sequencer Hardware Gets Better 11 Dec 2013, 9:57 am
A USB-connected step sequencer with controller is now improved, and open source. The Digital Warrior is a boutique hardware controller hailing from Cyprus, combining a 16-voice, 32-step sequencer with. […]
- ProjectSAM releases Symphobia Colours: ANIMATOR 11 Dec 2013, 9:36 am
ProjectSAM has released Symphobia Colours: a library series that expands the world of Symphobia. Building on the Symphobia concept, Symphobia COLOURS is designed to deliver fresh sounds in smaller pa. […]
- EverythingTurns releases WaveChaserXT - Granular Wave Sequencing Re-Synthesiser for Reaktor 11 Dec 2013, 4:39 am
EverythingTurns has released WaveChaserXT, a sample player for Reaktor that uses granular synthesis for playing back any sample, with independent control over pitch and time, generating lush sequence. […]
- Acon Digital updates Verberate to v1.0.2 11 Dec 2013, 3:27 am
Acon Digital has released version 1.0.2 of the algorithmic reverb plug-in Verberate which aims at realistic simulation of real acoustical spaces. The update includes the following improvements: Reduc. […]
- Glass Music: Google Glass Meets Wine Glasses, Chamber Music Conductor 10 Dec 2013, 10:21 am
Google Glass continues to see musical ideas. Alexander Chen, whom we saw composing violin ensembles with Google’s wearable tech, now turns his attentions to literal glass – wine glasses. In “Gla. […]
- Gospel Musicians UVI Libraries no longer require an iLok; All libraries on sale until after Christmas 10 Dec 2013, 10:16 am
Gospel Musicians has announced that all its UVI libraries no longer require the use of an iLok dongle in order to authorize. They have also announced that all UVI supported libraries are on sale unti. […]
- Elektron Analog Keys: Pictures, Details, Media, How it Differs from Analog Four 10 Dec 2013, 9:17 am
Elektron’s Analog Keys goes on sale this week, and begins shipping next week. It’s Sweden’s latest dream-worthy analog instrument, a 4-voice analog synth with integrated sequencer. And it’s no. […]
- DDMF releases AAX versions of IIEQPro, LP10, 6144 and DirectionalEQ 10 Dec 2013, 7:06 am
The four payware EQs by DDMF, 6144 EQ, DirectionalEQ, IIEQ Pro and LP10, have all been released as AAX versions, allowing them to be used in Pro Tools 11 directly. The new versions are available for. […]
- Steinberg Software Development Kit (SDK) for VST 2 No Longer Available 10 Dec 2013, 7:03 am
Steinberg Media Technologies has announced that as of December 9th, 2013, they are no longer offering the Software Development Kit (SDK) for VST 2 through the Steinberg website. "We introduced VST 2. […]
Dominion is a tool to shape the envelope of a signal, giving you total control of the signal’s attack & sustain phase.
- Envelope section. Adjust attack & sustain independently, regardless of input level. Plus, you have control over the envelopes’ time constants. Imagine pulling a drummer up front or pushing him to the background by dragging just a single slider! Feel like moving the walls around him? Again, a single push enhances the room information or can make the sound really dry.
- Saturation stage. The plugin can help to reduce harshness often associated with digital recordings, giving back some warmth and life to your source by modelling classic analog equipment. The tonal character stays adjustable within a broad range.
- High frequency details section. Similar to classic exciter circuits, this section allows you to brighten up a signal, giving transparency and depth by generating additional harmonics.
- Non-clipping output stage. Like the endorphin compressor, a brickwall waveshaper circuit ensures that the output won’t exceed -0.1dBFS, while remaining sonically clean.
A simple ADSR envelope plugin, triggered with MIDI notes.
envy is a two channel, midi-triggered volume envelope plug with added features
Blue Cat’s Digital Peak Meter is a simple yet powerful signal analysis tool: it measures the peak value of the signal and lets you record it as an automation curve, as well as the fact that your signal clips (’clipping’ occurs when the signal is higher than the maximum value accepted by your audio system).
Thanks to this unique feature you can use your audio signal to control other effects: just copy and paste the generated automation envelope and assign it to any parameter of any effect on any track of your project. Many customers have successfuly used it for automated video processing: your audio track is now able to control your video effects! And your guitar is now able to influence your drums track…
Envelope-Designer is a plugIn with which you can adjust the relative amount of the attack transients and the sutained/release components in a signal. For the detection of the transient component there are 2 envelope-followers with identical release times and different attack times. The difference between the envelope with the fast attack time and the envelope with the slow attack time yields a control signal, which has significant amplitudes only when the incoming signal is in some “transient” state. This is because the difference between the envelope-followers with fast and slow attack tends to zero in a sustained phase. Multiplying this control signal with the incoming signal yields a signal, which contains the transient component. The extraction of the release component is similar: it is done with two envelope followers with identical attack times a different release times. The difference between the envelope with the slow release time and the envelope with the fast release time has significant amplitudes for decaying signals. Multiplied with the incoming signal, we have extracted the release component. Now we can adjust the relative amplitudes of these two signal components seperately.
Mutine is 2 envelope followers and 2 lfo’s, that triggers volume or cutoff
Envelope followers can be set to follow left channel, right channel or both.
The effect can also be set to apply on left, right or both channels.
That way, you can use Mutine on a group channel, with for instance, a drum on left that triggers envelope follower, and a pad on right, that will be chopped by drum pattern.
Mutine also responds to midi notes
When the threshhold is crossed, a swell is triggered. Can be used to alter the attack / decay characteristic of the input, such as to add punch to individual drums.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed