Latest Music Software News
- Abeem Live Technologies updates Rack Performer for Windows to v1.01 23 Apr 2014, 5:55 am
Abeem Live Technologies has updated Rack Performer for Windows to v1.01. This update adds many work-flow improvements and some corrections. Multi-monitor support has been improved by making all dial. […]
- Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.7 23 Apr 2014, 5:34 am
Cycling '74 has updated Max to v6.1.7. New Features: Gen: added subpatcher message to gen subpatchers. Gen: ISF export to jit.gl.pix gen patchers (see Gen Code Export ISF Wiki Article). maxurl: wrapp. […]
- Rob Papen releases the eXplorer III collection 23 Apr 2014, 4:33 am
Rob Papen has released the eXplorer III collection, which combines all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company's four effects plug-ins. Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been update. […]
- Luxonix releases 'Ravity bundle' featuring Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) Sound Modules for Windows VSTi 23 Apr 2014, 4:08 am
Luxonix has released the Ravity bundle, featuring two 90s Sound Module / ROMpler VST instrument plug-ins for Windows. Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) were discontinued after Luxonix rele. […]
- Accusonus updates Drumatom to v1.5.0 23 Apr 2014, 3:50 am
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have updated Drumatom to version 1.5. Enhancements: Added HiHat analyzing and processing. Added A/B comparison switch. Added 'Abbreviations Setup' option. Added tooltip. […]
- Acon Digital updates Acoustica Audio Editor to v6.0.14 23 Apr 2014, 3:36 am
Acon Digital has updated the free Basic Edition as well as the Standard and Premium Editions of its audio editor Acoustica to version 6.0.14. Fixes and enhancements: DeClick did not recall user prese. […]
- Elektron releases Analog Rytm - Hardware 8 Voice Analog Drum Machine with Sample Support 23 Apr 2014, 3:12 am
Elektron has announced that Analog Rytm, a hardware 8 voice analog drum machine with sample support, is now available for purchase. Key features: 8 drum voices, each with: Specialized analog percuss. […]
- Subatomic Software updates Audulus to v2.7 and releases for iPhone (All versions Half Price for Limited Time) 23 Apr 2014, 1:52 am
Subatomic Software has updated Audulus, the minimalist modular software synthesizer and effects processor for Mac OS X and iOS, to v2.7, which adds support for iPhone with a user interface specifical. […]
- Drumdrops releases "A Fistful of Drumkits" for Ableton Live (Drum Rack) 23 Apr 2014, 1:30 am
Drumdrops has released A Fistful of Drumkits, an Ableton Drum Rack pack containing Drumdrops first three sample kits - the 1963 Premier Outfits 54 Kit, The Roger's Big R Dub kit and the Mapex Heavy R. […]
- beatassist.eu releases MEQ-10 - 10-Band Equaliser for mastering for Windows VST 23 Apr 2014, 1:18 am
beatassist.eu has released MEQ-10, a free 10-Band EQ VST effect plug-in for Windows designed for mastering purposes. This effect features -12/+12dB on gain performance, 2 bandwidth octave control a [. […]
A complex multi-fx plugin incorporating a delay, granulator, three phase vocoder effects, a reversinator, and three types of modulation source. Incorporates a very flexible routing scheme capable of serial and parallel effects routings, and a new kind of modulation routing based on a kind of pie chart representation.
Vocovee is the VST ’Effect’ version of the VOCOV Vocoder. that has no ’Capture’ sidechain plugin but can do low latency vocoding. I recommend Vocovee instead of the Vocov if you need real-time vocoding. In addition, Vocovee has a improved built-in synth.
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s. It includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
This vocoder does not make a direct convolution of the carrier and modulation signal as other digital vocoders maybe do. It includes an envelope follower for every of the eleven bands. This vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible.
The carrier signal is a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with a Pulse, Saw, Noise and SubOsc. But it’s also possible to use the left stereo input as carrier. This way every sound source can be used as carrier signal. This plug-in supports every sample rate.
LPC-Vocoder is a VST-plugIn for the creation of vocoder-sounds. These are created by superimposing the frequency-envelope of one signal (the so called analysis- or modulatorsignal) on a second signal (the so called synthesis- or carriersignal). In the classic vocoder this is achieved by means of an analysis- and a synthesis-filterbank - the LPC-Vocoder in contrast uses a single adaptive filter which is capable of realizing complex frequency-responses with many peaks. LPC is an abbreviation of Linear Predictive Coding - a technique in signal processing which can extract the formants (frequency bands with high amplitude) out of an audio signal. LPC is widely used in the speech signal processing community, for example to compress the speech for transmission in digital communication systems. To analyze the input signal, a filter tries to predict the current value of the the signal by means of past signal values (this filter is called the “prediction-filter” or simply “predictor”). The error which occurs in this prediction can be used to adapt this predictor (the system which subtracts the predicted value from the actual, true value to form the error signal is called “prediction error filter”).
Vocoder is a vocoder based on FFT analysis. Mono audio input can be modulated by both the internal synthesizer or an external audio source (such as the output of an other synth or an audio track).
Various parameter are proposed to design the sound (Limiter, Compressor, Parametric Eq…)
8 band realtime vocoder with onboard synthesizer
The incoming signal is divided into several bands, analysed and then vocoded with the internal oscillator. The Filter is controlled by a clockable 4step sequencer which syncs to host tempo. The pitch of the internal oscillator can be controlled via MIDI note in ( when the host allows this ) or manual with the PITCH knob
The sonic results of this FX vary from bizarre vocoder-like sounds to extremely lofi weird noises, depending on the input source. This effect does not intend to be a high quality vocoder.
Each Channel of the incoming signal is filtered with 3 bandpass filters with adjustable offset and then goes to an autopanner. The filter has joystick control for frequency and resonance and is modulated by a syncable LFO. The LFO goes to audiorate when controlled manually, so it is possible to do filter FM as well.
The sonic results of this FX vary from subtle widening of pads and adding some “air” to extremely weird FM and modulated sound, depending on the input source and the parameters.
Aeiou is a vocal filter - its purpose is to apply the spectrum characteristics of the mouth to the input signal by filtering it. By applying the effect to rich signals (saw or square oscillations) it gives the illusion of a human who is sustaining a vowel such as ’a’ ,’e’ ,’i’, etc.
The effect parameters are:
* The most important is ’vowel’.
* ’Size’ can be used to spread the output bandwidth.
* ’Slope’ can be used to give some brightness to the result. Technically it is increasing or decreasing the filters gain on the frequency axis.
* ’Peaking’ is a minor parameter. It can be used to increase the filters resonance but it will also reduce the bandwidth.
* When ’Smooth’ is set to 0, the vowel transitions are direct, when set over 0 they are smoothed.
* The ’mix’ knob adjusts the amount of wet signal at the output.
8 band realtime vocoder
* Use any audio as the modulator and any audio as the carrier
* 8 Band filter bank with attack, decay and extra carrier gain
* Seperate modulator and carrier volume controls
* Dry/wet control
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed