Latest Music Software News
- AudioSpillage updates DrumSpillage drum synthesiser to v2.0.7 for OS X 19 Apr 2014, 5:47 pm
AudioSpillage has updated their DrumSpillage drum synthesizer for Mac OS X to version 2.0.7. The updates restores compatibility with OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and addresses the following issues: Fixed L. […]
- Nikolozi Meladze updates MIDI Editor for iOS to v1.3 18 Apr 2014, 7:09 pm
Nikolozi Meladze has updated MIDI Editor for iOS to version 1.3. Changes: Transposer: transpose entire clip by +/-24 semitones. Transpositions can be applied destructively. Note Preview: Preview a no. […]
- -20% at Soundiron and Omega released 18 Apr 2014, 3:16 am
Soundiron celebrates its newly-designed website with 20% off all its sound libraries until May 1. Also, the Omega mega bundle is out. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Virtual Products launches Virtual Chrono 18 Apr 2014, 3:11 am
Virtual Chrono is a VST 32-bit plug-in for Windows that will help you count the time you spend working on your audio projects. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Rob Papen released the eXplorer III 18 Apr 2014, 3:03 am
Rob Papen updated his eXplorer virtual instrument and effect bundle in a third version which is now available. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Friday’s Freeware: Chamber Orchestra 18 Apr 2014, 2:39 am
Versilian Studios compiled in a VST and AU plug-in a full chamber orchestra. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Bremmers Audio Design updates MultitrackStudio for iPad to v1.3 - Supports Audiobus 18 Apr 2014, 2:31 am
Bremmers Audio Design has updated MultitrackStudio for iPad to v1.3. The update adds Audiobus support. MultitrackStudio acts as output in the Audiobus app, so other apps can be recorded using Audiobu. […]
- Planet-H releases G-Stomper Rhythm, a new free Drum Machine/Groovebox for Android 17 Apr 2014, 1:35 pm
Planet-H has just released G-Stomper Rhythm, a new free beat making app for Android. G-Stomper Rhythm, the little brother of G-Stomper Studio, is a versatile Tool for Musicians and Beat Producers, d. […]
- The KVR Developer Challenge 2014 - Audio Plug-in, Audio Application and Soundware Design Event Is Now Live 17 Apr 2014, 12:02 pm
We are very excited to announce that the KVR Developer Challenge 2014, the fifth free-for-all audio plug-in, audio application and soundware design event, is now live! The KVR Developer Challenge is. […]
- unEarthed Sampling releases "Forgotten Songs" for Kontakt - Cinematically mangled public domain vinyl recordings 17 Apr 2014, 9:55 am
unEarthed Sampling has released Forgotten Songs for Kontakt 4.2+, a new sample library based on "cinematically mangled public domain vinyl recordings". Here's what they say: "Atonal Chaos. Ligeti and. […]
A complex multi-fx plugin incorporating a delay, granulator, three phase vocoder effects, a reversinator, and three types of modulation source. Incorporates a very flexible routing scheme capable of serial and parallel effects routings, and a new kind of modulation routing based on a kind of pie chart representation.
Vocovee is the VST ’Effect’ version of the VOCOV Vocoder. that has no ’Capture’ sidechain plugin but can do low latency vocoding. I recommend Vocovee instead of the Vocov if you need real-time vocoding. In addition, Vocovee has a improved built-in synth.
TAL-Vocoder is a vintage vocoder emulation with 11 bands that emulates the sound of vocoders from the early 80’s. It includes analog modeled components in combination with digital algorithms such as the SFFT (Short-Time Fast Fourier Transform).
This vocoder does not make a direct convolution of the carrier and modulation signal as other digital vocoders maybe do. It includes an envelope follower for every of the eleven bands. This vocoder is optimized for voice processing and includes some algorithms for consonants to make the voice more intelligible.
The carrier signal is a VCO (Voltage Controlled Oscillator) with a Pulse, Saw, Noise and SubOsc. But it’s also possible to use the left stereo input as carrier. This way every sound source can be used as carrier signal. This plug-in supports every sample rate.
LPC-Vocoder is a VST-plugIn for the creation of vocoder-sounds. These are created by superimposing the frequency-envelope of one signal (the so called analysis- or modulatorsignal) on a second signal (the so called synthesis- or carriersignal). In the classic vocoder this is achieved by means of an analysis- and a synthesis-filterbank - the LPC-Vocoder in contrast uses a single adaptive filter which is capable of realizing complex frequency-responses with many peaks. LPC is an abbreviation of Linear Predictive Coding - a technique in signal processing which can extract the formants (frequency bands with high amplitude) out of an audio signal. LPC is widely used in the speech signal processing community, for example to compress the speech for transmission in digital communication systems. To analyze the input signal, a filter tries to predict the current value of the the signal by means of past signal values (this filter is called the “prediction-filter” or simply “predictor”). The error which occurs in this prediction can be used to adapt this predictor (the system which subtracts the predicted value from the actual, true value to form the error signal is called “prediction error filter”).
Vocoder is a vocoder based on FFT analysis. Mono audio input can be modulated by both the internal synthesizer or an external audio source (such as the output of an other synth or an audio track).
Various parameter are proposed to design the sound (Limiter, Compressor, Parametric Eq…)
8 band realtime vocoder with onboard synthesizer
The incoming signal is divided into several bands, analysed and then vocoded with the internal oscillator. The Filter is controlled by a clockable 4step sequencer which syncs to host tempo. The pitch of the internal oscillator can be controlled via MIDI note in ( when the host allows this ) or manual with the PITCH knob
The sonic results of this FX vary from bizarre vocoder-like sounds to extremely lofi weird noises, depending on the input source. This effect does not intend to be a high quality vocoder.
Each Channel of the incoming signal is filtered with 3 bandpass filters with adjustable offset and then goes to an autopanner. The filter has joystick control for frequency and resonance and is modulated by a syncable LFO. The LFO goes to audiorate when controlled manually, so it is possible to do filter FM as well.
The sonic results of this FX vary from subtle widening of pads and adding some “air” to extremely weird FM and modulated sound, depending on the input source and the parameters.
Aeiou is a vocal filter - its purpose is to apply the spectrum characteristics of the mouth to the input signal by filtering it. By applying the effect to rich signals (saw or square oscillations) it gives the illusion of a human who is sustaining a vowel such as ’a’ ,’e’ ,’i’, etc.
The effect parameters are:
* The most important is ’vowel’.
* ’Size’ can be used to spread the output bandwidth.
* ’Slope’ can be used to give some brightness to the result. Technically it is increasing or decreasing the filters gain on the frequency axis.
* ’Peaking’ is a minor parameter. It can be used to increase the filters resonance but it will also reduce the bandwidth.
* When ’Smooth’ is set to 0, the vowel transitions are direct, when set over 0 they are smoothed.
* The ’mix’ knob adjusts the amount of wet signal at the output.
8 band realtime vocoder
* Use any audio as the modulator and any audio as the carrier
* 8 Band filter bank with attack, decay and extra carrier gain
* Seperate modulator and carrier volume controls
* Dry/wet control
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed