Latest Music Software News
- EastWest updates PLAY to v4.1.0 6 Dec 2013, 8:54 am
EastWest has updated PLAY to v4.1.0. This is a significant update including the most requested feature, full background loading, that is recommended for all PLAY users, and is required for all upcomi. […]
- Audiomeals releases PCS Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac 6 Dec 2013, 7:55 am
Audiomeals has released Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design. Plug-In Channel Strip featu. […]
- UMIDI are Custom-Designed DJ Controllers, Built to Order [Gallery, Video] 6 Dec 2013, 7:18 am
umidi – The World’s First Custom & Visual DJ Controller from umidi on Vimeo. DJs, laptop musicians, and VJs may never agree on what layout is optimal for controlling their apps. With UMIDI, they m. […]
- ‘Edge of Nostalgia’ is a Calming Ambient iPhone Album Transformed by Mic 6 Dec 2013, 6:52 am
Edge of Nostalgia from Michael McDermott on Vimeo. Ambient, and — actually, literally ambient. Mikronesia’s “Edge of Nostalgia” is a chilled-out 7-track record of gentle grooves and crystallin. […]
- The Unfinished releases Humankind - Limited Edition Charity Synth Soundsets 6 Dec 2013, 5:26 am
The Unfinished has released Humankind, a brand new limited edition charity synth soundset collection, in aid of Oxfam. There are four soundsets, one each for: Absynth, Massive, Omnisphere and Trilian. […]
- Friday’s Freeware: Wejaam 6 Dec 2013, 4:19 am
This week, the friday will make everybody happy for it can be used on iOS, Mac and PC to create electronic music.
- Sound Magic launches the Producer Bundle 6 Dec 2013, 3:56 am
The Producer Bundle compiles three processor plug-ins developed by Sound Magic with their NEO modeling technology.
- Rob Papen’s Predator-PL exclusively at Sweetwater 6 Dec 2013, 3:49 am
Rob Papen launches the Predator-PL virtual synth exclusively at Sweetwater, but says that the instrument will soon be available in Europe.
- Humanoid Sound Systems releases Public Beta of Enzyme Synth for Mac and Win VST and AU 6 Dec 2013, 2:23 am
Humanoid Sound Systems has released the public beta of Enzyme, a new synthesiser plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. Enzyme offers the beautiful organic sonic character and edge provided by scanned syn. […]
- Soundiron launches a Tenor vocal library 5 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm
Following The Soprano, the Voice of Rapture series of solo operatic vocal libraries welcomes The Tenor.
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux, and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice, and mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
Audacity can record live audio through a microphone or mixer, or digitize recordings from cassette tapes, vinyl records, or minidiscs. With some sound cards, it can also capture streaming audio.
- Record from microphone, line input, or other sources.
- Dub over existing tracks to create multi-track recordings.
- Record up to 16 channels at once (requires multi-channel hardware).
- Level meters can monitor volume levels before, during, and after recording.
Import and Export
Import sound files, edit them, and combine them with other files or new recordings. Export your recordings in several common file formats.
- Import and export WAV, AIFF, AU, and Ogg Vorbis files.
- Import MPEG audio (including MP2 and MP3 files) with libmad.
- Export MP3s with the optional LAME encoder library.
- Create WAV or AIFF files suitable for burning to CD.
- Import and export all file formats supported by libsndfile.
- Open raw (headerless) audio files using the “Import Raw” command.
- Note: Audacity does not currently support WMA, AAC, or most other proprietary or restricted file formats.
- Easy editing with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Delete.
- Use unlimited Undo (and Redo) to go back any number of steps.
- Very fast editing of large files.
- Edit and mix an unlimited number of tracks.
- Use the Drawing tool to alter individual sample points.
- Fade the volume up or down smoothly with the Envelope tool.
- Change the pitch without altering the tempo, or vice-versa.
- Remove static, hiss, hum, or other constant background noises.
- Alter frequencies with Equalization, FFT Filter, and Bass Boost effects.
- Adjust volumes with Compressor, Amplify, and Normalize effects.
- Other built-in effects include:
- Record and edit 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit (floating point) samples.
- Record at up to 96 KHz.
- Sample rates and formats are converted using high-quality resampling and dithering.
- Mix tracks with different sample rates or formats, and Audacity will convert them automatically in realtime.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plugins.
- Audacity includes some sample plugins by Steve Harris.
- Load VST plugins for Windows and Mac, with the optional VST Enabler.
- Write new effects with the built-in Nyquist programming language.
- Spectrogram mode for visualizing frequencies.
- “Plot Spectrum” command for detailed frequency analysis.
Free and Cross-Platform
- Licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
- Runs on Mac OS X, Windows, and GNU/Linux.
NOTE: THIS SOFTWARE IS ONLY FREE FOR PERSONAL / EDUCATIONAL USE.
Kristal Audio Engine is a powerful multi-track recorder, audio sequencer and mixer - ideal for anyone wanting to get started with recording, mixing and mastering digital audio.
It is designed as a modular system. The main application provides a mixing console, while the audio sequencer, live audio input and so on are loaded as separate PlugIns.
Kristal Audio Engine is FREEWARE for personal, educational and non-commercial use.
- 16 audio tracks
- 32 Bit floating point audio engine
- 44.1 to 192 kHz sample rate*
- Downmix to 16/24/32 Bit audio files
- 3-band parametric EQ &
- 2 VST insert slots per channel
- 3 VST master effect slots
- ASIO low latency audio driver support
- 4 Kristal PlugIn slots
- Load/Save Kristal project files
- Supported file formats: WAVE, AIFF, FLAC, OGG Vorbis
The following Plug-ins are included in the Kristal package:
- The sequencer PlugIn for Kristal.
- Multi channel hard disk recording via ASIO/MME.
- ASIO input monitoring.
- Audio clip arrangement.
- Audio clip fade-in/fade-out/cross-fade.
- Unlimited undo/redo.
- AES31 Export.
- Connect your mic/guitar and play thru Kristal using VST effects in real-time.
Psycle is a free, Open-Source, music creation program that offers an easy way to create your own music, fast, and with high quality.
Psycle uses a classical tracker interface (a text grid of notes which are sequenced one after the other), coupled with modularity (plugins) that allow to extend the sounds that you get from it.
It supports three ways to get sound: its own native format, the VST Plugin standard, and recorded .wav samples using the sampler machine.
Notes are entered in patterns, where you can also use commands (plugin specific, or global), as well as automating parameters via the mcm and twk commands. These patterns are then organized in a linear sequence, which becomes the song order.
- A 64 Tracks Pattern Editor, with up to 1024 lines.
- 256 sequence positions.
- Audio Routing (machine) view to interconnect the virtual machines in order to apply different effects.
- Internal Stereo Sampler unit which supports .wav and .iff files of any sampling rate, 8/16 and 24bits, mono or stereo.
- 70+ Native Plugins (generators & effects), most of them open-source and with an easy to use API to create new ones.
- Support for VST1 and VST2 plugin standard.
- Imports .xm, .s3m, .it, .mod.
- Exporting to wav, as well as recording realtime to .wav.
- Configurable Keyboard Layout.
- MIDI-In Support (control Psycle using a MIDI keyboard, or even a software sequencer).
- Themes and skins support and much more
NOTE: WHILE REAPER CAN BE EVALUATED WITH FULL FEATURES AND NO EXPIRATION, YOU ARE OBLIGED TO PURCHASE A COPY. THE OLDER VERSIONS APPEAR TO BE AVAILABLE FOR FREE.
- Portable -supports running from USB keys or other removable media
- 64 bit audio engine
- Excellent low-latency performance
- Stunning multiprocessor performance
- Direct multi-track recording to many formats including WAV/BWF/W64, AIFF, WavPack, FLAC, OGG, and MIDI.
- Extremely flexible routing
- Supports a wide range of hardware (nearly any audio interface, outboard hardware, many control surfaces)
- Support for VST, VSTi, DX, DXi effects
- ReaPlugs: high quality 64 bit effect suite
- Tightly coded - installer is just over 3MB
- Tool-less mouse interface — spend less time clicking
- Drag and drop files to instantly import them into a project
- Support for mixing any combination of file type/samplerate/bit depth on each track
- Easily split, move, and resize items
- Each item has easily manipulated fades and volume
- Tab to transient support
- Configurable and editable automatic crossfading of overlapping items
- Per-item pitch shift and time stretch
- Arbitrary item grouping
- Markers and envelopes can be moved in logical sync with editing operations
- Ripple editing - moving/deletion of items can optionally affect later items
- Multiple tempos and time signatures per project
- Ability to define and edit project via regions
- Automation envelopes
Review from Hamish:
I have been using reaper for a few months, payed $60 australian dollars for my ‘non commercial’ licence.
n my humble opinion it is the best VSTi and VST FX host around. I have used herman seibs VST host, and still like it as a patch editor/librarian.
The audio routing is phenomenal coming as I did from various versions of logic, much more flexible. REAPER also gives you complete control of the rendering process which I don’t believe any other application does.
On the helpful forum there have often been criticisms of the midi editing capabilities, and Feature Requests for various things found in cubase, logic or sonar. Coming from logic was a shock as I made heavy use of all the logic editors, and now had only piano roll or event edit. The major midi playing card that REAPER gives you is VST and JS midi FX, this is gives you the power to make limitless non-destructive editing in real time, which is very much the philosophy of REAPER.
I have been using REAPER for more than 8 builds now, and I will stay as long as the program remains healthy.
VstSeq is a simple “piano roll” style pattern sequencer VSTi host actually designed to run as a plugin in Tuareg 2 but it also has a stand alone version.
- Simple piano roll pattern sequencer:
1 - 8 measures.
2 - 32 steps per measure.
30 - 303 BPM.
- Loads multiple VSTi.
- Save/Render as WAV.
TrakAx is a free and fully featured sequencer, though it doesn’t include VST support. Some of the main features, according to the website:
Users can mix any tracks or loops with different BPMs (beats per minute) seamlessly for a professional sound. Whether you’re a novice or an experienced mixer, TrakAx gives you the tools to create music and video in a creative and fun way.
Easy drag-and-drop technology.
You require no special skills or technical expertise - just drag in your tunes & get mixing.
Cut Samples & Make Detail Edits.
Cut samples to remix your favourite tracks or make detailed edits to audio tracks, narrations or video clips. Use any combination of media—photos, videos and music.
Add Audio, Video & Photo Effects.
TrakAxPC comes with a range of video, photo and audio effects and transitions - add a professional touch to your mixes.
Microphone and webcam input.
Record in directly to TrakAxPC from your Webcam or Microphone for Videocasts, Podcasts or just for fun, to use in your mixes.
Easily find and preview all your Music, Videos and Photos.
Find all the photos, videos and photos on your hard-drive. Advanced Searching for those with tons of content and no boring uploads.
Piano Cheater is a tiny midi sequencer, and is a little different than most “midi sequencers”.
It’s designed so you DON’T have to remember numbers and dig through
those GOD FORSAKEN keyboard reference manuals.
It will help you practice piano in a ’Piano Hero’ type of way.
- load midi files and -sequence- their notes with the live playing you do
on a midi keyboard
- record notes and control messages from the keyboard
- play the whole mess out to a set of midi synthesizers
- show the whole mess in a cool note/drum/controller display on screen
- save the whole mess into a midi song file for later
- spoonfeed you the notes of a song so you can learn it easily
Note: The download link includes a ‘keygen’. It is not necessary, so use the keygen at your own risk.
Produce, record and compose your music with software that has all the features your creativity demands.
# ASIO, DirectX, VST, Multitrack
# 60 Built In VST’s(Synth+FX)
# Audio Editing, Recording
# Audio And MIDI Sequencing
# Track Freeze, Automate
# Unrestricted demo version
- 100% pattern-based sequencer with envelopes and pianorolls ++
- Supports a wide range of plugins for generating and processing audio, MIDI, value and note signals. 30+ built-in plugins
- Supports VST, Buzz, Psycle, LADSPA and Lunar plugins natively
- Imports ARMZ, BMX, IT, S3M, MOD, MID, SID song file formats
- Wavetable can import WAV, MP3, FLAC, IFF and many more file formats. Features a basic wave editor.
- Full undo/redo, scripting support, configurable keyboard shortcuts and window layouts
According to the MadTracker website:
MadTracker is the composition tool that creates the shortest path between imagination and music. Based on the tracker concept, MadTracker provides a clean and intuitive interface for a powerful and efficient approach to making music. Versatility and compatibility are guaranteed due to full VST, ASIO and ReWire support, while its computer charge is minimal.
- Bilingual: English and Français
- Runs under every version of Windows without any special requirements
- Intuitive windowed interface with dual-screen support
- Built-in chat (for instant help or peer chatting)
- ProTracker & FastTracker keyboard shortcuts
- Mouse wheel support
- File browser
Sampler / Tracker
- 64 tracks with 4 polyphony channels per track
- 32-bit internal mixing with 16-bit interpolation
- Very accurate pitches (40-bit precision)
- Volume ramping (48-bit precision)
- Advanced click removal
- Resonant filter for each instrument
- New Note Actions
- All the common tracker pattern commands + new commands
- 1 volume column and 1 panning column
- 4-digit command parameters (hexadecimal)
- Drums patterns
- Stereo samples
- Synchronized samples
- Keep-on-disk samples
- Track FX (Delay, Stereo Delay, Filter, Flange, Analog Filter, mpReverb, mpReverb 2)
- Track EQ (3-band)
- Automation (envelopes for tracks volume, track effects and VST parameters)
- VST 2.3 support (effects and instruments)
- ReWire 2 support (synth/slave mode)
NOTE: Sadly, Aodix is no longer under development. As such, it has been released as freeware.
The main concept of Aodix is between old-school trackers and nowadays sequencers. The interface is inspired from trackers, but the features are at least those of the most modern sequencers. Aodix achieves outstanding real-time performance with less CPU usage than other sequencers, very low latency due to a proper implementation of ASIO2, and widest-range support for VST plug-ins, due to a clean implementation of VST2.
256 track, 256 pattern sequencer
Each track allows recording of events including chords and automation. Patterns have no fixed length. Both pattern using pattern calls and single-sheet operations are supported.
Full modular audio and MIDI routing
Forget old mixer paradigms. Aodix provides a flexible
modular net of audio and midi (events) connection wires between VST Instances, allowing complex audio/midi routing schemes, and you could sync your favourite step sequencers or MIDI event processors with Aodix main sequencer easily.
32-bit float sample precision
Aodix maintains sample precision to 32-bit float, from input all the way to the output.
Up to 960 PPQN timestamp precision
The midi point precision can be 960 PPQN, allowing a wide range of quantization settings, down to 1 point.
Enhanced recording and editing functions
Several recording and editing modes are available, combining online/offline, step/step-free, live-scroll on/off, quantization, zooming, overwrite on/off, events record, parameter record, automation record, powerful midi-masking and usual functions such as Range, cut, copy, paste, delete, move.
Real-time record and automation
Events and parameters can be recorded real-time while playing, with PC keyboard and mouse and/or Midi Keyboard.
Automation parameter assignment allows a slider/knob on a midi keyboard to control one or more parameters in one or more plug-ins. The Midi Mask allows to avoid interference with midiCC, in case automation is preferred to midiCC.
Piano-roll track split view
Provides a powerful alternative tool to view and edit note events and is seamless integrated with the sequencer structure.
Pattern markers and pattern calls
For each pattern, up to 256 markers can be defined. Pattern calls (non-recursive) allow to call a pattern from any other one, pointing at a marker, defining transposition and velocity scaling.
Steinberg VST2.3 Host
AODIX v4 provides a very enhanced support for VST plug-ins. VST effects as well as VST instruments can be chained and wired in the modular Routing view. Playing a VST instrument and tweaking knobs in other VSTs at the same time is possible, using PC keyboard and mouse and Midi Keyboard. Multi-output is supported for multi-output plug-ins.
In order to allow “send” schemes, a “VST output duplicator” plug-in is delivered with Aodix.
Audio / Project / Bounce Inputs/Outputs and Formats
Aodix supports only ASIO I/O (multi-channel). MME can be supported indirectly by using a ASIO/MME/WDM Wrapper (not delivered with Aodix). Aodix uses a proprietary file format for project saving. It can import midi files. It renders audio to either several 32-bit float IEEE single-channel files, or one single 32-bit float multi-channel IEEE file. Loading/saving Fxp and Fxb files is supported.
NOTE: THIS SOFTWARE IS UNLIMITED AND UNEXPIRING - HOWEVER, YOU ARE OBLIGED TO PURCHASE A LICENSE IF YOU FIND IT USEFUL.
Requirements: Temper requires Windows XP SP2. An audio interface with an ASIO driver is required for VST and audio support. A three-button mouse and MIDI keyboard or other controller is highly recommended.
Temper is a MIDI+Audio sequencer with an emphasis on MIDI. Temper is distinguished by two basic design goals: To provide you with tools that operate on sequences as easily as individual events, and to decouple what gets processed by how it gets processed.
-sophisticated event routing and manipulation
-powerful MIDI editing environment
-interactive algorithmic composition tools
-multiple takes per track
-simultaneous multi-track editing
-unified MIDI controllers+VST automation
-multicore audio engine
NOTE: THE FREE VERSION OF ANVIL SHOULD ONLY BE USED FOR MIDI PURPOSES, AS THE AUDIO RECORDING IS LIMITED TO ONE MINUTE. I HAVE READ THAT ANVIL STUDIO CAN BE QUITE COMPLICATED TO USE, HOWEVER IT CONTAINS A ‘STAFF’ (NOTATION) VIEW WHICH MAY BE USEFUL.
NOTE: A TUTORIAL TO SETUP BUZZ UNDER LINUX CAN BE FOUND HERE
Buzz is the first ever “easy to use” free modular software based synthesizer. What this means is that the entire system is based on objects, which may be routed in a modular fashion, giving you the freedom to be as creative as you want. For example, if you wish to run 3 Physical Modelling synths and a Drum Machine through 2 seperate Stereo Delays, into a Mixer, through a Compressor and Parameteric EQ, and finally out to your speakers - no problem. Lay down your synths, connect the wires and you’re done.
A Machine is an object in Buzz which either creates or modifies sound. A Machine is the equivalent of a single piece of gear in a traditional music studio. It may be a synthesizer, a sampler, a dsp effect, a mixing board, or any other piece of gear that exists in a studio. Every piece has the same parameters and functions you would expect to find in the studio you know and love. Whats better is that all existing machines are free. Because creating your own machines is quite simple (someone with little knowledge of C++ should find his way in the SDK), you’ll also find machines in Buzz which aren’t really common in studio’s.
Every aspect of Buzz is built to be controlled in real-time. This means that as you tweak the resonance on a virtual analog synth, you hear it’s classic squealching response immidietly. The same goes for all DSP effects, drum machines, synths, samples, etc.
Music Studio Producer is free MIDI sequencer, DAW which can host VST(i), supports ASIO. Music Studio Producer has a great number of functions for every music scene, such as composition, arrangement, recording, mixing and mastering.
You can create music with various ways such as real-time recording, step recording and editing with just using a mouse. You can edit music just as you want by using four kinds of windows ; Track, Piano Roll, Score Roll, Event List and Mixer.
-Change playback speed
-Solo and mute
-Recording in a piano roll and a score roll by using a mouse
-Step recording in the event list
-Create control curves
-Tempo, Meter and Key track
-Insert event to initialise track
-Detailed midi data display
-Change velocity and key
-Auto punch out
-Non destructive editing
-Edit time as a measure
-Various realtime effects
-256 phases of volume
-8 stereo busses
-32bit audio processing
-Audio Effect Plug-In
-Signal and level meter
-Synchronize with MIDI
The DrumFlow is powerful drum sequencer. DrumFlow has build-in Drum Setup editor (for GS or XG MIDI). DrumFlow allows you to create custom percussion parts with adjustable drums and then to export these parts to your MIDI editor (e.g. Cakewalk or Cubase) through the clipboard or MIDI file.
MIDI musicians always wanted to get good and fresh drum sounds and patterns. It is tricky to make fine and original drum parts in MIDI. Some composers use the digitalized samples of drumbeats, called ’loops’. But pure MIDI doesn’t support any digital sounds, for instead MIDI operates only MIDI events and controllers. Here comes my program: it is an ideal way to create MIDI drumloops!
* 10 adjustable drum setup parameters per each drum: pitch coarse, filter cutoff and resonance, volume, stereo pan, EG attack and decay, reverb, chorus and variation levels
* 6 overall MIDI settings, such as: pitch coarse, filter values, reverberation, chorus and variation send levels
* 127 possible drums in 127 possible MIDI drum banks
* 16 drums and 32-event drum sequencer
* Export drum setup and sequence to MIDI file or clipboard
The Jazz++ Midi Sequencer is a long-standing Open Source application for recording and mixing MIDI sequences, and for many years was the only stable application like it that ran under both Windows and Linux. Jazz++ offers a lot of functions normally only found in expensive sequencer software.
Note: Someone told me that this software is not 64 bit compatible, and won’t run on Windows 7.
Algorithmic Composer is a compositional tool that enables composers to construct musical structures by connecting virtual objects — like metronomes, counters, etc… — with virtual patch cables. The performer can then interact with these structures using a mouse, keyboard, microphone, and MIDI device.
Algorithmic Composer is a program that enables composition through the use of abstract object types that are connected together to form part of a patch, which is similar to the way older analogue machines used patch cables to connect different electronic modules together.
Algorithmic Composer is a Windows based program that allows users to create musical textures and events by piecing virtual objects together with patch cables on the computer screen, similar to the way a person might join pieces from a Mechano set to create a truck, train, crane, … etc. With the Mechano set a truck might be created by joining metal panels with bolts, adding wheels, windows, motor, … etc., which is just putting together pre-fabricated materials in a meaningful way to produce a desired result. Algorithmic Composer allows the user to create in a similar way by connecting counters, delays, metronomes, flip-flops, calculators, and other such devices. The user can interact with the program by using the mouse and /or a midi input device, and the computer sound card or an external midi sound engine produces the sound. Algorithmic Composer does not use a manuscript based representation, and so a person does not have to be able to read music to use the program.
AmazingMIDI automatically transcribes music, converting WAV files into MIDI files. It can recognize single-instrument polyphonic music. It’s a powerful tool to help you to transcribe music, to practice musical instruments and to make MIDI files, and so on.
AmazingMIDI creates an Output File (.mid) from an Input File (.wav) that contains musical data, and a Tone File (.wav) that consists of monotone data. AmazingMIDI analyzes the Input File, assuming that every sound in the file is played with the same tone color as the one in the Tone File. As a result, even if the music contains several different instruments, AmazingMIDI writes down all detected notes as a single-instrument music.
The quality of music recognition depends on the tone color of the music. AmazingMIDI is suitable for analyzing the precise-frequency attenuating sounds like piano or guitar. The drum sound becomes only noise.
Currently, automatic music transcription has no substantial solution in general, but with some restrictions of the domain, it can be both possible and useful. AmazingMIDI is one of these systems, and is still in its infancy. However, again, it’s a powerful chord analyzer.
QWS is a MIDI sequencer for visually impaired people. It runs on 32-bit versions of Microsoft Windows.
It should work with whatever soundcard you have installed on your system. QWS handles MIDI data, at present it does not do any waveform audio processing. So, for best results, you will need a MIDI keyboard connected to your computer. QWS also works with “software” synthesisers and soundfont devices, provided they look like standard MIDI devices in Windows.
QWS hopefully has most of the features you would want in a general sequencer: multiple tracks, record, play, step record, cut & paste, note & controller editors and a bunch of tools such as transpose, change velocity, time glide, quantise, … to name just a few.
AZ Audio has released PolyGrid, a free MIDI editor and pattern sequencer for Windows PC.
- 64 patterns, variable pattern length (in beats count).
- User-defined grid frequency.
- User-defined editor snapping value.
- Midi recording with optional input event quantizer.
- Midi channel and status input filter.
- Most of the real time midi events handled (not poly AT).
- Various playback modes (loop, sequential, triggers).
- Pattern import/export (not midifile).
- Undo/redo history, action repeater.
- Editable midi event list.
- Solo CC output, making midi learning easyer.
- Notes operations: constrain to scale, chords, quantizing, transform.
- Events operations: smooth, quantize, transform.
- 48 ticks per beat.
- Each pattern owns its settings (grid frequency, quantizer value, midi filter, etc).
- Resizable user interface.
NOTE: THIS IS THE ‘FREE’ VERSION, AND IS LIMITED TO 8 TRACKS.
MU.LAB is a state of the art, ultra-light music application, designed to compose & perform music of different styles and flavors.
MU.LAB does not have a complex feature set, in which you can get lost.
At the contrary, MU.LAB is an easy yet rock-solid musical tool.
MU.LAB’s core feature set:
- Audio Recording & Playback
- MIDI Recording & Playback
- Flexible Composition & Sequence Editing
- Supports Audio and MIDI VST Plugins
- Powerful Audio and MIDI Plugin Routing (up to 100% modular if you want)
- Integrated MuSynth: Powerful Modular Sound Engine
- Integrated MUX: Powerful Modular Audio/MIDI Effect Engine
- Integrated Audio Effects:
- MuVerb: Very Nice Sounding Reverb
- Stereo Echo: Very Versatile Stereo Echo
- Multi Mode Filter: Very Versatile Audio Filter
- And many more MUX patches!
- Audio Engine using 32 bit floats, all usable samplerates
- Sample Accurate Sequencing
- Multi Undo/Redo
- Available for OSX (Universal Binary) and Windows
NOTE: THIS SOFTWARE IS LIMITED TO 4 TRACKS OF AUDIO, AND YOU ARE REQUIRED TO CREATE A FREE ACCOUNT WITH THE SITE BEFORE YOU CAN DOWNLOAD. WHILE YOU’RE AT THE SITE, HAVE A LOOK AT QUARTZ STUDIO FREE.
Quartz AudioMaster Freeware is a lite version of the Quartz Audio Family software series. Quartz AudioMaster Freeware will allow you to record, edit, mix, share and deliver your productions driving a fully integrated 4 tracks digital mixer, recorder, sound and time line editor in perfect synch with a 16 tracks MIDI sequencer.
Easily record audio, in perfect sync with Midi, with any instrument or microphone or assemble already existing audio materials or music loops. Easily record Midi, as well, using a Midi keyboard or your computer keyboard and even if you are not a professional musician don’t get stuck by difficult parts to perform, thanks to the genuine ‘Scale filtering’ feature. A tutorial will help you getting started quickly.
Then cut, copy, paste, move, repeat your audio elements and Midi elements and mix your tracks applying real-time DirectX or Quartz plug-in effects on audio.
Want to work with remote musicians? The genuine Quartz Audio multi-track compressed file format and our virtual studios will allow you to share your projects through the Internet.
When everything’s finished, print your Score and/or easily and mixdown to standard stereo files using many format
Audio Technical Specs:
- Runs on Windows™ 95/98/ME/NT/2000
- 4 audio tracks
- 1 Audio Inputs (2 channels)
- 1 Audio Ouputs (2 channels)
- 16/24 bits / 32->44.1 Khz sample rate
- 2 Aux Buses
- Quartz Plug-in Support
- 4 Quartz Plug-ins supplied
- Stereo Delay
- Per-track fixed frequency 3 band EQ
- Mixdown to stereo file
- Mpeg 3 Decoder
- Compressed Compiled Sequence/Track import
- Compressed Compiled Sequence/Track export on option
- Juke Box
- Video File Sync
- Karaoke lyrics viewer
- Spacialization display
Midi Technical Specs:
- 16 Midi Tracks
- 1 Midi Input
- 1 Midi Outputs
- 48->96 ppqn
- Score Editor
- Piano-roll / Drum Edit
- GM/GS/XG Editor
- Musical Computer Keyboard
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed