Latest Music Software News
- Rob Papen releases the eXplorer III collection 23 Apr 2014, 4:33 am
Rob Papen has released the eXplorer III collection, which combines all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company's four effects plug-ins. Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been update. […]
- Luxonix releases 'Ravity bundle' featuring Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) Sound Modules for Windows VSTi 23 Apr 2014, 4:08 am
Luxonix has released the Ravity bundle, featuring two 90s Sound Module / ROMpler VST instrument plug-ins for Windows. Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) were discontinued after Luxonix rele. […]
- Accusonus updates Drumatom to v1.5.0 23 Apr 2014, 3:50 am
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have updated Drumatom to version 1.5. Enhancements: Added HiHat analyzing and processing. Added A/B comparison switch. Added 'Abbreviations Setup' option. Added tooltip. […]
- Acon Digital updates Acoustica Audio Editor to v6.0.14 23 Apr 2014, 3:36 am
Acon Digital has updated the free Basic Edition as well as the Standard and Premium Editions of its audio editor Acoustica to version 6.0.14. Fixes and enhancements: DeClick did not recall user prese. […]
- Elektron releases Analog Rytm - Hardware 8 Voice Analog Drum Machine with Sample Support 23 Apr 2014, 3:12 am
Elektron has announced that Analog Rytm, a hardware 8 voice analog drum machine with sample support, is now available for purchase. Key features: 8 drum voices, each with: Specialized analog percuss. […]
- Subatomic Software updates Audulus to v2.7 and releases for iPhone (All versions Half Price for Limited Time) 23 Apr 2014, 1:52 am
Subatomic Software has updated Audulus, the minimalist modular software synthesizer and effects processor for Mac OS X and iOS, to v2.7, which adds support for iPhone with a user interface specifical. […]
- beatassist.eu releases MEQ-10 - 10-Band Equaliser for mastering for Windows VST 23 Apr 2014, 1:18 am
beatassist.eu has released MEQ-10, a free 10-Band EQ VST effect plug-in for Windows designed for mastering purposes. This effect features -12/+12dB on gain performance, 2 bandwidth octave control a [. […]
- Big Fish Audio releases "Echo: Cinematic Pop Guitars" Construction Kits in AL, REX, WAV, RMX, Acid and Kontakt formats 22 Apr 2014, 1:57 pm
Big Fish Audio has released Echo, a collection of 25 Cinematic Pop Guitar construction kits in Apple Loops, REX, WAV, RMX, Acid, Kontakt 4 and Kontakt 5 formats. This 8.2 GB collection (3.4 GB of 2 [. […]
- New Sonic Arts updates Granite to v1.52 22 Apr 2014, 12:07 pm
New Sonic Arts has updated Granite to v1.52. Improvements: Restored support for OS X 10.6 and 10.7. Preset Menu can now display and browse samples. Added "Saved with Samples" indicator. Fixes: Save w. […]
- Faber Acoustical updates RoomScope for iOS to v2.1 22 Apr 2014, 9:02 am
Faber Acoustical has updated RoomScope to v2.1. RoomScope now presents a nonlinearity parameter to offer additional guidance on the validity of each acoustic decay parameter (T20, T30, T60, EDT). Val. […]
Mixxx is an open source DJ tool designed for both professional and amateur DJs alike.
Mixxx allows DJs to mix music live with a clean, simple interface. Futhermore, Mixxx has a number of key features to help DJs in the mix: Beat estimation, parallel visual displays, and support for various DJ hardware controllers.
Tu2 is a (standalone) phrase sampler which means it will make music and sound out of samples you feed it. Tu2 will stack samples, loops and soundbites for you. You can slice ‘n dice them, mutilate them, filter them, remix them, put effects over them and while you’re at it you have the freedom to put your own personal sonic sauce over the outcome. It has numerous built-in effects and tools which will help you mangle your samples any way you like.
Yes, you can use Tu2 for free. The basic (most important) functionality is then available to you, including the Variator, a drumcomputer, WAV-export and an integrated sample editor.
If you’d like to unlock more features (user-drawable filters, effects, MP3 export, etc.) you can register Tu2 for a discounted price.
Prior to shortcircuit it wasn’t as fun as it could be.
Shortcircuit was created as a reaction against the ongoing trend where software samplers are being designed with the primary intent of library playback. It is intended for people who, like us, consider a sampler to be a musical instrument in its own right, and not just a way to emulate other instruments. It has been a very high priority to make sure that adding and editing individual samples is as fast and logical as possible.
The sample hierarchy in shortcircuit allow you to place samples directly at the highest level of the multi, without having to deal with instrument hierarchies and patches. Want to add a sample to your song? Just drag & drop the sample into shortcircuit and you’re ready to go. Samples can be put in groups for multi-sampling and kit-building, but the complexity is only there when you need it.
Jackson is DJ software that breaks with the past. It does not emulate the traditional DJ setup but truly unlocks the power of your computer. It is the first dedicated software package that offers sequencer-style mixing to the digital DJ.
Mixing tracks in Jackson is a 2-step process. Before you can play a track, you must rhytmically analyze it. The BeatMapper tool makes this an easy and instructive process. Once you’ve analyzed a track, which you have to do only once, you can mix and manipulate the track in all freedom.
- Jackson allows DJs to alter the structure of songs while playing them: parts can be repeated, skipped, paused and reversed.
- Tracks are automatically beat-matched and therefore always play in sync.
- Powerful filters and effects allow the DJ to sculpt the sound to his/her liking.
- The integrated browser facilitates the selection of songs. It lets the DJ preview the structure of songs and listen to them on a second audio device.
- The built in recorder allows DJs to record their mixes without the need for additional equipment.
- The integrated BeatMapper lets users analyze the rhythmic structure of songs.
- Different computers running Jackson can be networked. In such a configuration several DJs can play together in perfect sync: all tracks on all computers are automatically beat-matched.
- Jackson’s sliders can be controlled by physical midi controllers. This allows for fast, tactile control and simultaneous changes to different sliders.
- Jackson can generate a midi clock signal to tempo-sync external midi equipment.
- A real time oscilloscope and spectrum analyzer is available for the techie DJ.
NOTE: THIS SOFTWARE IS LIMITED TO 10 TRACKS, HOWEVER, IT APPEARS OTHERWISE UNRESTRICTED, AND IS PACKAGED WITH TUTORIALS.
ACID Xpress is the cut-down and FREE version of ACID, the revolutionary loop-based sequencer. ACID automatically alters the tempo and changes the pitch of your .WAV or .AIFF samples to fit with your song, then seamlessly loops them together.
TPlayer is a free music player and mixer for mp3, wma, ogg, and wav audio files.
TPlayer’s main features are:
* Adjustable Automix Settings based on audio data to adapt to different music genres.
* Four different Automix sort options.
* One click manual mix and fade out options: Cut, Fade 2.5, 5, 7.5 and 10 seconds.
* Dual independent players with real time Vu meters or Waveform display and Peak indicators.
* Hierarchal explorer like Songlist grouped by artists, albums and songs.
* Drag&Drop Playlist Editor: reorder, save and load playback sequence.
* Multiple sound cards support for pre-listening on monitor speakers or headphones.
* Play, Pause, Stop, To Monitor/Master speakers and Set Start/End position buttons.
* Volume, Balance, Crossfader, Pitch and Seek slider bars.
* Changeable background bitmap image.
* Requires very little system resources and processing power.
* And much more.
TPlayer will let you listen to your music collection in a whole new dimension. After using TPlayer, you will soon discover how cool this player really is.
Deejaysystem™ Mk-I is a simple Winamp-style player, yet DJ-oriented in design and operation.
Multiple instances of the Mk-I player may be simultaneously run as independent processes (number of instances is limited only by your computer’s system resources). Each player may be configured to share soundcards with other instances of the Mk-I player or be designated to operate a soundcard exclusively.
* Control layout and operation based upon the popular Denon Dn-2000F CD player.
* Low-latency playback (play / pause /cue) controls.
* High precision 1-millisecond track positioning.
* High precision (±0.001%) pitch control.
* Progressive pitch bend for fine adjustment during mixes.
* Drag & Drop support for the Windows Explorer and other file-browsing software applications.
* Playlist Editor with many essential functions, including recursive folder operations for track additions.
* Controllable by mouse and keyboard.
* High sound reliability and stability during playback.
* Minimal system resource consumption.
The Tactile12000 is a 3-D, interactive simulation of a DJ setup - two turntables and a mixer. You can crossfade, backspin, and speed up and slow down music, including full-length WAVE and MP3 songs, on your computer. It is a cross-platform application for both Windows and Macintosh. You can use it to mix like a DJ or let it mix your MP3 playlist automatically. It has been featured in RayGun and Print’s Interaction Design 2000.
SuperJAM! (by Blue Ribbon Soundworks) is a MIDI “jamming” program. The idea is that, rather than composing and arranging all the parts of a musical work, the user can give some basic information to the program — chords, musical style, general tone or personality of the music, what instruments to use — and the program will handle the details, generating complete arrangements in real time. The user can modify the arrangements at any level, add a melody, print sheet music using the included Notation Station, and export the song as a MIDI file.
Note: The Free Edition of UltraMixer has a nag screen when it starts up.
UltraMixer is a DJ mixing software which enables you to mix digital music in various formats such as MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, WAV or CDs in real time. All you need is a sound card. The DJ’s turntables are replaced by two digital SoundPlayers, the “vinyls” are available within seconds through the integrated FileArchive. No matter whether you want to use UltraMixer for a professional gig or at a private party or as virtual jukebox in restaurants, hair studios or medical surgeries - it will prove the right choice!
UltraMixer is the first DJ software in the world, that is available for the most popular operating systems Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
Monkey Machine is an online drum machine intented for music practice purposes. It has sample accurate timing, online beat database, and tap tempo.
Drum samples have been acquired from the excellent nskit7_free drumkit by Natural Studio.
NOTE: THIS LINK IS BROKEN - IF YOU HAVE A COPY OF THIS PLUGIN, PLEASE LET ME KNOW
AmbiFlow is an automatic sounds mixer/streamer. You choose the sounds, AmbiFlow makes the mix.
Select matching sounds, edit a simple text file so that AmbiFlow knows how to use them, place sounds and text file into a folder. Or select one of the provided sound sets. Tell AmbiFlow where to find the sound set. Press the [space] key and away AmbiFlow goes, automatically mixing your chosen sounds in a never-ending performance. Two sound sets are supplied with the program, but you can download extra sound sets from the web site.
NOTE: In order to use this software, you may have to suffer through an ad or two (I believe the software has a built in ‘online shop’). According to the site, this program is ‘totally’ free, but the download link reads ‘.demo’. If you use this software, please email me to let me know whether I should remove this from the site. I do not include demos here.
Beatport SYNC is a powerful audio player with basic DJ functions developed by Beatport and Native Instruments. Based on the award-winning TRAKTOR 3 technology, this free software for Mac and PC lets you mix tracks like a DJ using the two virtual decks, a crossfader and auto beat sync function. Beatport SYNC offers powerful track management, access to DJ radio stations, plus an integrated Browser to instantly buy and download the latest tracks from the comprehensive Beatport Online Music Store.
NOTE: IT HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO MY ATTENTION THAT THIS IS ADWARE. USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.
KraMixer DJ Software uses the latest technology to produce the best possible DJing experience. FMOD is the sound engine used by KraMixer and is also used by Playstation 2 and XBox game authors. It is proven to be one of the fastest sound engines available today.
KraMixer also incorporates DirectX 8.1 for its fast sound processing capabilities and extra features. However, DirectX 8.1 isn’t mandatory for KraMixer to run.
* Manual and Automatic BPM Counters
* Automatic BPM matching
* Support for MP3, Wav and Ogg File Formats
* Variable Frequency Range (from +/-1% to +/-49%)
* 8 Built-In Sound Effects including Echo, Flange, Reverb and Compressor
* Real-Time Recording to MP3 Format
* High Speed Sound Engine With 2 Modes of Operation
* ID3-V1 Tag Compatible
* Turntable-Like Braking Functions
* Manual looping with multiple loop points per channel.
* Options For Headphone Cueing (mono with monitor of left channel and master on right)
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed