Latest Music Software News
- Tracktion 4 available on Linux 24 May 2013, 7:59 am
Following Mac and Windows versions, the Tracktion 4 DAW is now available on the Linux OS.
- Sound Magic Updates Ruby Piano for Windows to Version 2.6 24 May 2013, 7:54 am
Sound Magic has updated its Ruby Piano to Version 2.6. Improvements since version 2.5: Improved CPU usage when polyphony is high. Fixes the issue that occasional crash in Cubase 7. Improved sustain p. […]
- Sample Magic launches its first plug-in 24 May 2013, 7:46 am
Sample Magic gets into plug-in development and introduces Magic AB, a plug-in that allows for A/B comparisons to up to 9 reference tracks.
- 5th version of Blue Cat Liny EQ release 24 May 2013, 7:22 am
Blue Cat Audio announces the availability of the 5th version of its Liny EQ plug-in, available at special price separately or bundled in Master Pack.
- Blue Cat Audio releases Blue Cat's Liny EQ 5.0 (incl. Win AAX) 24 May 2013, 7:09 am
Blue Cat Audio has released Blue Cat's Liny EQ 5.0, a complete rewrite of their low latency linear phase EQ plug-ins. Blue Cat's Liny EQ is an 8 bands linear phase graphic equalizer with very low lat. […]
- Ueberschall releases "Future Garage" (Elastik Soundbank) 24 May 2013, 6:51 am
Ueberschall has released Future Garage, a new Elastik Soundbank for Elastik Player that "combines 2-step, dubstep, deep house and dub techno in a unique style". It includes four construction kits tha. […]
- The Daft Punk Press Problem: Nostalgia for What? 24 May 2013, 6:42 am
Who’s afraid of laptop musicians? Music stories are more exciting when there are eight-foot-high walls of flames and hype to match. But what when it’s all just a special effect? And when does myst. […]
- Igor Vasiliev updates "Audio Mastering" for iPad to v1.1 24 May 2013, 6:35 am
Igor Vasiliev has updated Audio Mastering for iPad to version 1.1, which is now available in the iTunes App Store. Changes: Function Normalize at conversion of file. Feature "Open in" that give possi. […]
- AudioThing releases "Glass" for Kontakt 24 May 2013, 6:28 am
AudioThing has released Glass for Native Instruments Kontakt. Glass is a sample library made with samples from a wine balloon glass. Hits were sampled with fingers, a piano hammer, a metal stick, and. […]
- Chicken Systems updates "Instrument Manager" to v1.1 24 May 2013, 6:22 am
Chicken Systems has updated Instrument Manager for Mac OS X and Windows to version 1.1. It contains new features and fixes, along with general maintenance. Features and Fixes: Added Instrument Auditi. […]
Select a category on the right to view the Free VSTi’s.
Note: these VSTi’s (VST instruments) have been tested on Windows - please check the inidividual plugin’s websites for information on using them on non-Windows operating systems.
A VSTi is a Virtual Studio Technology instrument, and is usually downloaded as a .dll file. The .dll file can then be loaded into a VSTi host and played, most often with midi.
Bass - real (electric, upright) bass sounds, or synthesized bass sounds
Brass - trumpets, trombones, tubas, etc…
Drums - plugins which contain real drum sounds or synthetic drum sounds
Emulator - replications of classic synthesizers
Exotic Instruments - unusual instruments from around the world
Percussion - marimbas, bells, bongo drums, steel drums, etc… (now featuring a cowbell!)
Piano - pianos and electric pianos
Sound FX - blips, bloops, whooshes, and etcetera
Strings - guitars, violins, cellos, synth strings, etc…
– fm (frequency modulation) - a simple waveform is modulated with another frequency to produce a more complex tone
— modular - a modular synth consists of individual components (modules) which can be chained together in various ways
– subtractive - harmonics are subtracted from an audio signal using a filter in order to alter the tone
– additive - harmonics are added to an audio signal, usually to replicate the sound of an instrument
– wavetable - short recorded clips of an instrument are looped and altered to produce realistic sounds
Vox - emulations of voices and choirs
Woodwind - flutes, saxophones, etc…
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed