Latest Music Software News
- Sonic Cat releases "Pop Synth" - 80s retro pop sound synth for Kontakt with intro offer 16 Apr 2014, 11:29 am
Sonic Cat has released Pop Synth, an 80s retro pop sound synth for Kontakt created by sampling a Roland JX-3P. They reinterpreted it as a modern instrument. Features: 80s retro pop sound synth. Recor. […]
- Replika Sound releases "RSGL04 Acoustic Guitar (Steel String)" Guitar Sample Library for Kontakt 16 Apr 2014, 10:50 am
Replika Sound has released RSGL04 Acoustic Guitar (Steel String), a new Guitar Sample Library for Kontakt. This versatile instrument comes in both Picked and Finger-Played versions and features: 4032. […]
- The $100 BeatStep Sequencer and Controller: Everything You Want to Know [Review, Resources] 16 Apr 2014, 10:21 am
Even if Arturia’s BeatStep did nothing other than act as a dumb controller, it might get your attention. The compact control surface / sequencer hardware runs about $100 street. As a controller, it. […]
- UVI updates UVI Workstation to v2.5.0 - New Streaming Engine and Background Sample Loading 16 Apr 2014, 9:28 am
UVI has updated UVI Workstation to version 2.5.0. Changes: [New] New streaming engine with special optimization for lossless compressed sample format. [New] Background sample loading resulting in fas. […]
- AudioThing releases "ChromaKey" for Kontakt and Mac and Win VST and AU 16 Apr 2014, 6:18 am
AudioThing has released ChromaKey for Mac OS X and Windows in AudioUnit, VST plug-in and Kontakt formats. ChromaKey is a collection of sounds ported to Kontakt and VST/AU plugin from AudioThing's sou. […]
- Universal Audio updates UAD Software to v7.6 and releases Chandler Limited Guitar Amp Plug-in and Mixing/Mastering Tools from Brainworx 16 Apr 2014, 4:25 am
Universal Audio Direct Developer partner Brainworx has released three plug-ins for the UAD Powered Plug-Ins platform and Apollo audio interfaces. Available for purchase via UA's Online Store for $199. […]
- Patchpool releases Spectral Rays for LinPlug Spectral 16 Apr 2014, 4:13 am
Patchpool has released Spectral Rays for LinPlug's Spectral synth. Spectral Rays contains 100 patches focussing on very musical and expressive lead sounds, rich, dreamy, glassy, cold and lush pads, g. […]
- LinPlug updates Alpha to v3.3 and Octopus to v1.3.4 16 Apr 2014, 3:52 am
LinPlug has updated its Alpha synthesizer plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows to v3.3. Changes: new, scale-able User Interface. new full window bank/preset browser. undo / redo functionality. noise now. […]
- Drumdrops releases "Mapex Heavy Rock Kit" - Kontakt 5 pack, Multi-Velocity Pack, Single Hits Pack, Drum Replacement Pack and All Samples Pack 16 Apr 2014, 3:12 am
Drumdrops has released the Mapex Heavy Rock Kit. Available to buy as five separate packs, this kit is based on the Mapex Saturn Kit which is a favourite for many rock drummers. This is a great soundi. […]
- Plugin Boutique launches its 1st plug-in 16 Apr 2014, 2:02 am
Plugin Boutique, Loopmasters’ partners and plug-in retailers, developed their first virtual instrument. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
Sequetron is a program with a twist; designed as a live instrument for hands-on use, all played & controlled from where your hands are - the music keyboard. It runs from switch-on with no interaction, and converts the simplest MIDI keyboard into a multi-track recording, playback & looping instrument.
You may be tempted to compare it with conventional sequencers with more powerful editing & audio features, but their MIDI control systems tend to be added as an afterthought; either using dedicated keys, or keys which mimic windows-based operations.
Sequetron takes a fresh approach by first designing a command language around the keys on a music keyboard, then writing a program to interpret it. The computer now takes a back seat, so it really is a different concept…
A front-end instrument for ideas & inspiration… and fun!
Continuous Velocity Piano is based on spectral morphing. Eliminating the need for many bulky, discrete sample layers, spectral morphing technology produces continuous, spectral variation by processing only a single baseline sample velocity.
Using the baseline as a starting point, the spectral morphing filters then dynamically interpolate frequency characteristics, which can then be continuously morphed during and after musical notes are played. The result is far greater musicality with over ten times the amount of dynamic expression. Another benefit is that instruments are much smaller in memory consumption, yet with greater playability and realism.
The Piano is a KAWAI grand piano, 7′4″, residing in Electric LarryLand Studios, Austin, TX. The piano had been recently rebuilt, and is known for it’s shimmering, clear tone. It has been used on many recordings made by nine-time Grammy winning engineer, Larry Seyer.
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
AZ Audio has released PolyGrid, a free MIDI editor and pattern sequencer for Windows PC.
- 64 patterns, variable pattern length (in beats count).
- User-defined grid frequency.
- User-defined editor snapping value.
- Midi recording with optional input event quantizer.
- Midi channel and status input filter.
- Most of the real time midi events handled (not poly AT).
- Various playback modes (loop, sequential, triggers).
- Pattern import/export (not midifile).
- Undo/redo history, action repeater.
- Editable midi event list.
- Solo CC output, making midi learning easyer.
- Notes operations: constrain to scale, chords, quantizing, transform.
- Events operations: smooth, quantize, transform.
- 48 ticks per beat.
- Each pattern owns its settings (grid frequency, quantizer value, midi filter, etc).
- Resizable user interface.
You should see some new software on the site soon - I’m fixing broken links, and just added a captcha to the comments section to remove unwanted spam. Thanks for all of your contributions, I really appreciate it - Sorry if I haven’t emailed you back, but I’ve been very busy lately
All the best,
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed