Latest Music Software News
- EastWest updates PLAY to v4.1.0 6 Dec 2013, 8:54 am
EastWest has updated PLAY to v4.1.0. This is a significant update including the most requested feature, full background loading, that is recommended for all PLAY users, and is required for all upcomi. […]
- Audiomeals releases PCS Plug-In Channel Strip for Mac 6 Dec 2013, 7:55 am
Audiomeals has released Plug-In Channel Strip, a prototype audio app conceived for music production, live sets and audio post-production, including voice and sound design. Plug-In Channel Strip featu. […]
- UMIDI are Custom-Designed DJ Controllers, Built to Order [Gallery, Video] 6 Dec 2013, 7:18 am
umidi – The World’s First Custom & Visual DJ Controller from umidi on Vimeo. DJs, laptop musicians, and VJs may never agree on what layout is optimal for controlling their apps. With UMIDI, they m. […]
- ‘Edge of Nostalgia’ is a Calming Ambient iPhone Album Transformed by Mic 6 Dec 2013, 6:52 am
Edge of Nostalgia from Michael McDermott on Vimeo. Ambient, and — actually, literally ambient. Mikronesia’s “Edge of Nostalgia” is a chilled-out 7-track record of gentle grooves and crystallin. […]
- The Unfinished releases Humankind - Limited Edition Charity Synth Soundsets 6 Dec 2013, 5:26 am
The Unfinished has released Humankind, a brand new limited edition charity synth soundset collection, in aid of Oxfam. There are four soundsets, one each for: Absynth, Massive, Omnisphere and Trilian. […]
- Friday’s Freeware: Wejaam 6 Dec 2013, 4:19 am
This week, the friday will make everybody happy for it can be used on iOS, Mac and PC to create electronic music.
- Sound Magic launches the Producer Bundle 6 Dec 2013, 3:56 am
The Producer Bundle compiles three processor plug-ins developed by Sound Magic with their NEO modeling technology.
- Rob Papen’s Predator-PL exclusively at Sweetwater 6 Dec 2013, 3:49 am
Rob Papen launches the Predator-PL virtual synth exclusively at Sweetwater, but says that the instrument will soon be available in Europe.
- Humanoid Sound Systems releases Public Beta of Enzyme Synth for Mac and Win VST and AU 6 Dec 2013, 2:23 am
Humanoid Sound Systems has released the public beta of Enzyme, a new synthesiser plug-in for Mac OS X and Windows. Enzyme offers the beautiful organic sonic character and edge provided by scanned syn. […]
- Soundiron launches a Tenor vocal library 5 Dec 2013, 11:57 pm
Following The Soprano, the Voice of Rapture series of solo operatic vocal libraries welcomes The Tenor.
Sequetron is a program with a twist; designed as a live instrument for hands-on use, all played & controlled from where your hands are - the music keyboard. It runs from switch-on with no interaction, and converts the simplest MIDI keyboard into a multi-track recording, playback & looping instrument.
You may be tempted to compare it with conventional sequencers with more powerful editing & audio features, but their MIDI control systems tend to be added as an afterthought; either using dedicated keys, or keys which mimic windows-based operations.
Sequetron takes a fresh approach by first designing a command language around the keys on a music keyboard, then writing a program to interpret it. The computer now takes a back seat, so it really is a different concept…
A front-end instrument for ideas & inspiration… and fun!
Continuous Velocity Piano is based on spectral morphing. Eliminating the need for many bulky, discrete sample layers, spectral morphing technology produces continuous, spectral variation by processing only a single baseline sample velocity.
Using the baseline as a starting point, the spectral morphing filters then dynamically interpolate frequency characteristics, which can then be continuously morphed during and after musical notes are played. The result is far greater musicality with over ten times the amount of dynamic expression. Another benefit is that instruments are much smaller in memory consumption, yet with greater playability and realism.
The Piano is a KAWAI grand piano, 7′4″, residing in Electric LarryLand Studios, Austin, TX. The piano had been recently rebuilt, and is known for it’s shimmering, clear tone. It has been used on many recordings made by nine-time Grammy winning engineer, Larry Seyer.
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
AZ Audio has released PolyGrid, a free MIDI editor and pattern sequencer for Windows PC.
- 64 patterns, variable pattern length (in beats count).
- User-defined grid frequency.
- User-defined editor snapping value.
- Midi recording with optional input event quantizer.
- Midi channel and status input filter.
- Most of the real time midi events handled (not poly AT).
- Various playback modes (loop, sequential, triggers).
- Pattern import/export (not midifile).
- Undo/redo history, action repeater.
- Editable midi event list.
- Solo CC output, making midi learning easyer.
- Notes operations: constrain to scale, chords, quantizing, transform.
- Events operations: smooth, quantize, transform.
- 48 ticks per beat.
- Each pattern owns its settings (grid frequency, quantizer value, midi filter, etc).
- Resizable user interface.
You should see some new software on the site soon - I’m fixing broken links, and just added a captcha to the comments section to remove unwanted spam. Thanks for all of your contributions, I really appreciate it - Sorry if I haven’t emailed you back, but I’ve been very busy lately
All the best,
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed