Latest Music Software News
- Video: A Heart-Breaking Solo with Autoharp and iPad, by Jekka 24 Jul 2014, 11:50 am
The iPad as folk instrument - alongside an earlier iteration, the Autoharp. In a heartbreakingly lovely video, Jekka of Moscow goes acoustic with Samplr. Continue → The post Video: A Heart-Breaking. […]
- Roland Drum and Bass Machines as Abstract Art, Suspended in Space 24 Jul 2014, 11:01 am
Art from archetypes — so much of what we make is built from the pieces of something that came before. It’s doubly true both in electronic dance music and the machines built to make it. From techno. […]
- IK releases SampleTank 3 - Sound and Groove Workstation for Mac and Win 24 Jul 2014, 10:24 am
IK Multimedia has announced that SampleTank 3, the sound and groove workstation for Mac OS X and Windows, is now shipping. SampleTank 3 features a 33 GB sound library (containing over 4,000 instrumen. […]
- Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.4 Released - MIDI and Parallel Chain Improvements 24 Jul 2014, 7:55 am
Blue Cat Audio have released an update for Blue Cat's PatchWork, adding new features and compatibility improvements to their "universal plug-ins patch bay" plug-in. Blue Cat's PatchWork 1.4 now inclu. […]
- Waves releases StudioRack and updates MultiRack to v9.7 24 Jul 2014, 5:54 am
Waves has updated MultiRack to v9.7 and announced the release of StudioRack. MultiRack SoundGrid and MultiRack Native v9.7 bring many new advances and improved stability and are compatible with the n. […]
- J74 updates "Progressive" Max for Live device to v2.0 - adds new techniques for chord progression editing and for musical analysis 24 Jul 2014, 4:15 am
J74 has updated the Max for Live device Progressive to version 2.0. The new version provides new functionality for chord progression editing, MIDI clip editing (humanize velocity and timing) and for. […]
- Holderness Media releases Caramel for iPad - Crunch and Crusher Effect Processor 24 Jul 2014, 3:30 am
Holderness Media has released Caramel, a stereo distortion, bitcrusher and fattener effect processor for iPad. Designed for use with the Audiobus app as well as USB audio interfaces, Caramel lets you. […]
- KX77FREE updates Kx-Modulad, Kx-Synth-x16, Kx-PolyMod and Kx-PolyM-CSE 24 Jul 2014, 2:57 am
KX77FREE has released major updates for several free VST intrumnent plug-in for Windows:Kx-Modulad v3.0, Kx-Synth-x16 v5.0, Kx-PolyMod v1.57 and Kx-PolyM-CSE v1.1d. Kx-Modulad v3.0: News: Filters, Ri. […]
- KVRDC14: New Prizes From XLN Audio 24 Jul 2014, 1:37 am
As mentioned yesterday, and Monday, we are in the final two weeks of the KVR Developer Challenge 2014. Developers, it's time to get your submissions in... Thanks to seven new donations received s [Re. […]
- Flux:: releases Ircam Tools Spat v3 - incl. AAX 23 Jul 2014, 8:50 am
Flux:: has announced that Ircam Tools Spat is now available in v3 for 32- and 64-bit Windows and Mac OS X in AU, VST and AAX Native plug-in formats. Ircam Tools Spat is an advanced and sophisti [Read. […]
Sequetron is a program with a twist; designed as a live instrument for hands-on use, all played & controlled from where your hands are - the music keyboard. It runs from switch-on with no interaction, and converts the simplest MIDI keyboard into a multi-track recording, playback & looping instrument.
You may be tempted to compare it with conventional sequencers with more powerful editing & audio features, but their MIDI control systems tend to be added as an afterthought; either using dedicated keys, or keys which mimic windows-based operations.
Sequetron takes a fresh approach by first designing a command language around the keys on a music keyboard, then writing a program to interpret it. The computer now takes a back seat, so it really is a different concept…
A front-end instrument for ideas & inspiration… and fun!
Continuous Velocity Piano is based on spectral morphing. Eliminating the need for many bulky, discrete sample layers, spectral morphing technology produces continuous, spectral variation by processing only a single baseline sample velocity.
Using the baseline as a starting point, the spectral morphing filters then dynamically interpolate frequency characteristics, which can then be continuously morphed during and after musical notes are played. The result is far greater musicality with over ten times the amount of dynamic expression. Another benefit is that instruments are much smaller in memory consumption, yet with greater playability and realism.
The Piano is a KAWAI grand piano, 7′4″, residing in Electric LarryLand Studios, Austin, TX. The piano had been recently rebuilt, and is known for it’s shimmering, clear tone. It has been used on many recordings made by nine-time Grammy winning engineer, Larry Seyer.
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
AZ Audio has released PolyGrid, a free MIDI editor and pattern sequencer for Windows PC.
- 64 patterns, variable pattern length (in beats count).
- User-defined grid frequency.
- User-defined editor snapping value.
- Midi recording with optional input event quantizer.
- Midi channel and status input filter.
- Most of the real time midi events handled (not poly AT).
- Various playback modes (loop, sequential, triggers).
- Pattern import/export (not midifile).
- Undo/redo history, action repeater.
- Editable midi event list.
- Solo CC output, making midi learning easyer.
- Notes operations: constrain to scale, chords, quantizing, transform.
- Events operations: smooth, quantize, transform.
- 48 ticks per beat.
- Each pattern owns its settings (grid frequency, quantizer value, midi filter, etc).
- Resizable user interface.
You should see some new software on the site soon - I’m fixing broken links, and just added a captcha to the comments section to remove unwanted spam. Thanks for all of your contributions, I really appreciate it - Sorry if I haven’t emailed you back, but I’ve been very busy lately
All the best,
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed