Latest Music Software News
- A Surround Sound System You Can Carry Like an Umbrella, ‘Anywhere’ 7 Mar 2014, 10:27 am
Music is transformed by context, by instrumentation and space and setting. With amplified music, thinking about content alone isn’t enough. Visualists now work with projection mapping and lighting c. […]
- Friday’s Freeware: Let the dog out! 7 Mar 2014, 6:45 am
Bark of Dog, this the freeware we chose to highlight this week, not for its name, but for its ability to enhance the low end of your tracks. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- ADSR releases Bassic - Bass Synth for Reaktor 7 Mar 2014, 3:59 am
ADSR has released Bassic, a Reaktor synth "that makes designing killer bass music instruments simple". The guys behind Bassic say they have "designed a Reaktor ensemble that is minimal, yet powerfull. […]
- apeSoft releases iVCS3 for iPad - Official EMS VCS3 Emulator 7 Mar 2014, 3:55 am
apeSoft has released iVCS3, an official EMS VCS3 Emulator application for iPad. It costs $14.99. Here's what they say: History The VCS3 was created in 1969 by Peter Zinovieff's EMS company. The e [Re. […]
- Bassic, new synth for Reaktor 7 Mar 2014, 3:34 am
ADSR Sounds adds to the Reaktor add-on collection a new virtual synth designed with simplicity in mind. .. Read more on Audiofanzine
- Boz Digital Labs updates Little Foot, Mongoose and Bark of Dog to AAX and VST3 for Mac and Win 7 Mar 2014, 2:28 am
Boz Digital Labs has updated Little Foot, Mongoose and Bark of Dog to AAX and VST3 for Mac OS X and Windows (also available in VST, AU and RTAS). Little Foot (on sale for $19, marked down from $39) m. […]
- Sound Magic updates GrandEpiano for Mac and Win to v2.2 and Neo Imager for Windows to v1.2 7 Mar 2014, 1:55 am
Sound Magic has updated GrandEpiano for Mac OS X and Windows to v2.2 and Neo Imager for Windows to v1.2. Changes in GrandEpiano 2.2: Support Newest OS X Version. Engine Updated. Improved Reverb Unit.. […]
- Synthblitz Audio updates "Nitroflex" for Windows to v1.91 7 Mar 2014, 1:36 am
Synthblitz Audio has updated Nitroflex, a synth VSTi for Windows, to v1.91. Nitroflex is a powerful audio synthesizer that offers hundreds of waveforms which users can combine, edit and shape to obta. […]
- Minimal System releases "MasterMix Buss Compressor" for Windows VST 7 Mar 2014, 12:52 am
Minimal System has released MasterMix Buss Compressor, a VST effect plug-in for Windows modelled on legendary buss compressors from classic analogue consoles. Features: Analogue Modelled Buss Compres. […]
- 123creative.com releases "Sylenth Trance Elements - preset bank Vol. 1" 6 Mar 2014, 9:45 pm
123creative.com has released Sylenth Trance Elements - preset bank Vol. 1 in cooperation with sound designer Giorgio Rebecchi from Ice Planet Music. It contains 79 Sylenth1 presets designed for tranc. […]
Sequetron is a program with a twist; designed as a live instrument for hands-on use, all played & controlled from where your hands are - the music keyboard. It runs from switch-on with no interaction, and converts the simplest MIDI keyboard into a multi-track recording, playback & looping instrument.
You may be tempted to compare it with conventional sequencers with more powerful editing & audio features, but their MIDI control systems tend to be added as an afterthought; either using dedicated keys, or keys which mimic windows-based operations.
Sequetron takes a fresh approach by first designing a command language around the keys on a music keyboard, then writing a program to interpret it. The computer now takes a back seat, so it really is a different concept…
A front-end instrument for ideas & inspiration… and fun!
Continuous Velocity Piano is based on spectral morphing. Eliminating the need for many bulky, discrete sample layers, spectral morphing technology produces continuous, spectral variation by processing only a single baseline sample velocity.
Using the baseline as a starting point, the spectral morphing filters then dynamically interpolate frequency characteristics, which can then be continuously morphed during and after musical notes are played. The result is far greater musicality with over ten times the amount of dynamic expression. Another benefit is that instruments are much smaller in memory consumption, yet with greater playability and realism.
The Piano is a KAWAI grand piano, 7′4″, residing in Electric LarryLand Studios, Austin, TX. The piano had been recently rebuilt, and is known for it’s shimmering, clear tone. It has been used on many recordings made by nine-time Grammy winning engineer, Larry Seyer.
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
AZ Audio has released PolyGrid, a free MIDI editor and pattern sequencer for Windows PC.
- 64 patterns, variable pattern length (in beats count).
- User-defined grid frequency.
- User-defined editor snapping value.
- Midi recording with optional input event quantizer.
- Midi channel and status input filter.
- Most of the real time midi events handled (not poly AT).
- Various playback modes (loop, sequential, triggers).
- Pattern import/export (not midifile).
- Undo/redo history, action repeater.
- Editable midi event list.
- Solo CC output, making midi learning easyer.
- Notes operations: constrain to scale, chords, quantizing, transform.
- Events operations: smooth, quantize, transform.
- 48 ticks per beat.
- Each pattern owns its settings (grid frequency, quantizer value, midi filter, etc).
- Resizable user interface.
You should see some new software on the site soon - I’m fixing broken links, and just added a captcha to the comments section to remove unwanted spam. Thanks for all of your contributions, I really appreciate it - Sorry if I haven’t emailed you back, but I’ve been very busy lately
All the best,
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed