Latest Music Software News
- How Gloves and Wearable Tech Could Change Music Performance: In Depth with Imogen Heap and Team 23 Apr 2014, 6:41 pm
In fits and starts, musical interface inventors have tried for decades to make manipulating digital music more expressive. But that persistence comes out of a clear goal post. They want the machine’. […]
- Band Sings Song Asking Why They Aren’t Playing Moogfest 23 Apr 2014, 4:31 pm
What if you wanted to play Moogfest really bad, but Moogfest didn’t call? No, I mean really bad – like you started a band with this very dream in mind, outfitted your studio with nearly everything. […]
- Abletunes releases Selektor - VST/AU Drum Sampler for Windows and Mac 23 Apr 2014, 11:01 am
Abletunes has announced the release of Selektor, a simple drum sampler that allows user to switch between samples (much like presets on synth) on the fly while the track is playing and hear an instan. […]
- b.serrano updates Horus to v1.1 23 Apr 2014, 10:30 am
b.serrano has updated Horus to v1.1. Changes: It's now possible to use the pitch-bender. It's now possible to set the number of stages in the phaser (4/8/12). Added 2 hidden parameters (like Easter e. […]
- Tek'it Audio releases Comp - Compressor VST Plug-in for Windows 23 Apr 2014, 8:44 am
Tek'it Audio has announced the release of Comp, a compressor plug-in in VST format. Comp is a modern compressor that is designed to provide visual tools to help a user visualize the dynamics applied. […]
- Abeem Live Technologies updates Rack Performer for Windows to v1.01 23 Apr 2014, 5:55 am
Abeem Live Technologies has updated Rack Performer for Windows to v1.01. This update adds many work-flow improvements and some corrections. Multi-monitor support has been improved by making all dial. […]
- Cycling '74 updates Max to v6.1.7 23 Apr 2014, 5:34 am
Cycling '74 has updated Max to v6.1.7. New Features: Gen: added subpatcher message to gen subpatchers. Gen: ISF export to jit.gl.pix gen patchers (see Gen Code Export ISF Wiki Article). maxurl: wrapp. […]
- Rob Papen releases the eXplorer III collection 23 Apr 2014, 4:33 am
Rob Papen has released the eXplorer III collection, which combines all Rob Papen virtual synths plus the company's four effects plug-ins. Since eXplorer was first released in 2011, it has been update. […]
- Luxonix releases 'Ravity bundle' featuring Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) Sound Modules for Windows VSTi 23 Apr 2014, 4:08 am
Luxonix has released the Ravity bundle, featuring two 90s Sound Module / ROMpler VST instrument plug-ins for Windows. Ravity S (synth) and Ravity R (rhythm/drum) were discontinued after Luxonix rele. […]
- Accusonus updates Drumatom to v1.5.0 23 Apr 2014, 3:50 am
Accusonus and Plugin Alliance have updated Drumatom to version 1.5. Enhancements: Added HiHat analyzing and processing. Added A/B comparison switch. Added 'Abbreviations Setup' option. Added tooltip. […]
Sequetron is a program with a twist; designed as a live instrument for hands-on use, all played & controlled from where your hands are - the music keyboard. It runs from switch-on with no interaction, and converts the simplest MIDI keyboard into a multi-track recording, playback & looping instrument.
You may be tempted to compare it with conventional sequencers with more powerful editing & audio features, but their MIDI control systems tend to be added as an afterthought; either using dedicated keys, or keys which mimic windows-based operations.
Sequetron takes a fresh approach by first designing a command language around the keys on a music keyboard, then writing a program to interpret it. The computer now takes a back seat, so it really is a different concept…
A front-end instrument for ideas & inspiration… and fun!
Continuous Velocity Piano is based on spectral morphing. Eliminating the need for many bulky, discrete sample layers, spectral morphing technology produces continuous, spectral variation by processing only a single baseline sample velocity.
Using the baseline as a starting point, the spectral morphing filters then dynamically interpolate frequency characteristics, which can then be continuously morphed during and after musical notes are played. The result is far greater musicality with over ten times the amount of dynamic expression. Another benefit is that instruments are much smaller in memory consumption, yet with greater playability and realism.
The Piano is a KAWAI grand piano, 7′4″, residing in Electric LarryLand Studios, Austin, TX. The piano had been recently rebuilt, and is known for it’s shimmering, clear tone. It has been used on many recordings made by nine-time Grammy winning engineer, Larry Seyer.
AZ Audio has announced the release of Stempel, a free spectral vocoder VST effect plug-in for Windows.
Stempel features three frequency domains effects:
- Linear frequency shifters on the ‘carrier’ and ‘modulater’ input.
- A ‘two states morph-able’ equalizer with various eq models (linear, bark, 12 tones scale).
- A magnitude mixer (amount of vocoding).
Frequency domain effects are ruled by various settings:
- FFT size.
- Number of overlapped FFTs.
- Spectral window type.
- Shifter warping type.
Two additional time domain effects can be applied to the vocoder:
- A saturator using the ‘variable parabolic’ shape.
- A standard chorus with a good quality delay object.
Stempel is distributed with a detailed PDF manual and various presets.
AZ Audio has released PolyGrid, a free MIDI editor and pattern sequencer for Windows PC.
- 64 patterns, variable pattern length (in beats count).
- User-defined grid frequency.
- User-defined editor snapping value.
- Midi recording with optional input event quantizer.
- Midi channel and status input filter.
- Most of the real time midi events handled (not poly AT).
- Various playback modes (loop, sequential, triggers).
- Pattern import/export (not midifile).
- Undo/redo history, action repeater.
- Editable midi event list.
- Solo CC output, making midi learning easyer.
- Notes operations: constrain to scale, chords, quantizing, transform.
- Events operations: smooth, quantize, transform.
- 48 ticks per beat.
- Each pattern owns its settings (grid frequency, quantizer value, midi filter, etc).
- Resizable user interface.
You should see some new software on the site soon - I’m fixing broken links, and just added a captcha to the comments section to remove unwanted spam. Thanks for all of your contributions, I really appreciate it - Sorry if I haven’t emailed you back, but I’ve been very busy lately
All the best,
Search this site:
Subscribe to Site Feed